Time warp Manta GT S 1985 for sale

Clive

1 hour ago, TheRealExile said:

foiled again...someone local with a strong bid is going looking on Thursday before I can get there and can take the car on the day....bugger. 

Hope you get it mate, if not you never know whats round the next corner,it was meant to be...heck I sound like the old girl now.:lol:

12 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

it doesn't have an mot....

I''ll see if he can get me added to the insurance, now this is shameful but I've never towed the trailer before :unsure: Can always have a practice round the field...few old landrover shells lying about so not too bad if one of those falls off :rolleyes: and then SLOW on the way back!

Don't know whether you passed your test before or after Jan 1st 1997 but if it's after then your licence won't cover you to tow anything over 750kg without taking a separate test anyway.

• Like 2

Pah, someone's seeing it Thursday! I was hoping to see it this Friday :-( . Anyway, you can book an MOT and drive back any distance, as long as you're insured to drive it. It's been a done thing for donkeys years. With your licence (to show your home address) and a print out of your temp/day cover, along with your half of the log book (start address), no policeman will give you problems if you get ANPR'd for no MOT, since it's completely lawful.

Nice to see the supposed "base model" Manta GT rather than the Berlinetta. I had an A reg GT/J which you don't see many of as they only called them that for just over a year (Y and A plates). It's also an early C as doesn't have rear belts and side repeaters. Take my money! :-D

i think you will have to take the risk of a £60 fine for no MOT no points though ,depends on copper , and would make sure the car is 100% roadworthy before you set off or you could be in trouble if your involved in the unlikely event of a accident 

would not bother me if it was my own car as i know but  you don't know the car 

i sold a car with no MOT once and the new owner came with a fresh MOT for it ( wondered why he wanted so many details ) Magic Hey 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, garymanc said:

i think you will have to take the risk of a £60 fine for no MOT no points though ,depends on copper , and would make sure the car is 100% roadworthy before you set off or you could be in trouble if your involved in the unlikely event of a accident 

would not bother me if it was my own car as i know but  you don't know the car 

i sold a car with no MOT once and the new owner came with a fresh MOT for it ( wondered why he wanted so many details ) Magic Hey 

That's funny 

• Like 1

Many years ago a riding stables down the road used to get someone to come round and 'do' the MOT's for all the vehicals, family cars included, he'd just walk around the farm and fill out a certificate for every vehical he saw and put it under the windscreen wiper, there was no way the Mazda pick-up should have been on the road, it had next to no brakes and could only be stopped from rolling away when parked by keeping it in gear ! it was practically falling apart and almost nothing worked on it, but it got an MOT every year !!

You can book MOTs for £25 at some places. A days insurance for the last Manta I picked up was £35 with day insure or temp cover (there's next to no questions to fill in, really easy, so prices should be quite consistent unless you're really young or the car is very fast). Hiring a recovery truck maybe only slightly more expensive if you factor in fuel, so weigh it up to see the most economical collection method. If I get a look in, I'll take a train to Swansea and drive back in the beauty..

If I set off now I'll beat you there :P I don't know the address mind which might prove interesting! Swansea is only a small place right? :lol::ph34r:

Still remember some bloke turning up to look at an old X19 that I'd kind of done up, he offered to chuck in the deal a right rotten looking Datsun Cherry...I said has it any mot, he pulled a pad of blanks out! mot's were magic alright back then! I actually did take said rusty shed in px for £80 with the 'mot' you know what  it lasted my Mum the whole year (all it needed was loads of filler, front pads and a back box) and I got my £80 back and a bit more after that as my mate wanted it as a donor  :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clive said:

Thanks everyone. The car is sold. Chris from Ammanford intends renovating and adding to his already numerous collection. What is it with you Opel people? Hahahaha. Thanks again.

Clive

Nevermind the THEREALEXILE,there's plenty more fish in the sea.....er wait a minute...:wacko:.....:D...what about this one,not to sure if its in your price bracket but he is open to offers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1987-OPEL-MANTA-GTE-FULL-YEARS-MOT-/262273084998?hash=item3d10b1ae46:g:y3AAAOSwXshWsPvW

At least I'm not alone in missing out on it {sob!} :( I took a day off tomorrow too. Ah well, I'll just have to do F all for the whole day :D

I wonder if Chris will be digging out the rusty bits, getting a ticket for it (which although are computerised, are still ever so easy to have done on the dodge!) and selling it on?

On 29 January 2016 at 5:49 PM, Clive said:
Title: Timewarp 1985 Manta 1.8 S hatchback - 44k miles

Content:

Hi all

My brother has decided to give up driving, and as a result I'm selling his 'timewarp' 1985 Manta S hatchback (1.8, 4-speed manual). The car is bronze metallic, with brown velour interior.

Having been family-owned (my father and him) since new, the car has always been garaged and serviced/MOT'd on schedule. We're digging out the service record, but the MOT history check (via the .gov.uk site) confirms both the mileage and the mechanical condition that the car has been maintained to.

As you can see from the photographs, the car is entirely original, and unmodified in any way. It even has a number of 'period' anti-theft stickers to demonstrate originality.

The car is in generally good mechanical condition, and bodywork is reasonable for the age. However, a little rust is showing around the arches (as can be seen by the photos) and on the sills (as per the last MOT). The interior is in excellent condition, and scrubs up exceptionally well for a 31-year old car. The engine and gearbox are smooth and it runs well.

Having kept an eye out for adverts over the past few weeks, there seem to be very few Mantas left in this kind of original condition. This is not a garage queen, and has been regularly used - please bear this in mind.

We are looking for somewhere the region of £1,000, but will listen to sensible offers to send it to a good home.

The car is located in Swansea, South Wales, and can be viewed flexibly (including daytime) with notice.

You can contact me on MOBILE or EMAIL.

1 hour ago, Clive said:

Can someone please tell me how to delete my email address and phone number?

Clive

On your post, next to Quote you should have an edit button. Click on that and you can change or delete text from your post.

18 hours ago, entwistlecymru said:

The last Manta I ended up 'digging out the rusty bits, getting a ticket and selling it on' was this.............

IMG_2665.jpg

The GT will end up in the same condition and sit next to 9 other old GM vehicles

That white Manta is now in Ireland as far as I know. Looks very good...did it require much welding?

23 hours ago, evo3000 said:

.what about this one,not to sure if its in your price bracket but he is open to offers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1987-OPEL-MANTA-GTE-FULL-YEARS-MOT-/262273084998?hash=item3d10b1ae46:g:y3AAAOSwXshWsPvW

Looks a decent example, of course it all depends on what the underside is like, If this is solid then this Manta could be a good buy, the owner does say it is not perfect, suppose it depends what your after, a show car or a reasonable car you can enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...