GTE Coupe 1984

TheRealExile

• 3 months later...

Looks very much like the wheel arch repair section from Retropower has arrived!

I do think I can save the o/s rear quarter with the arch repair section, bonus being I will then have a spare rear quarter panel just in case the worst should ever happen.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Have tomorrow booked off work (paid Birthday Day whoooo!) so I'm going to try and make good use of it! 

Going to attack that arch, wondering where to start cutting, think I'll chop off the bits they have flared up first and go from there.

Worst case if I make a pigs ear I have the new full panel  :rolleyes:- well two piece but thought I'd try to save that.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 1

We are doing presents tonight when everyone is back, I'm hoping it is the angle grinder I asked for as mine is as dead as can be.

Ended up boarding a section of eaves to keep the pesky Jackdaws out, checked for nests etc first.....they are not very happy but at least they are now scratting around on next doors chimney!

Did manage to get a little time on the Manta to wire brush and paint a seat frame,  not much progress I know but step at a time and all that.

Friday for the cutting is now the plan, need more paint brushes too as bilt hamber seems to leave them crispy no matter how much I wash them and the thick black chassis paint I use just won't come off cheap brushes.

• Like 1

You make a very good point, I have safety glasses, leather gauntlet type gloves, welding apron but the one thing I can't find are my ear defenders! My screwfix is not far away and they are open, I also have to pass it on my way to Tesco so could in theory nip in, you pay in advance, you stay outside the store, they ask your name and then place your order on a bench at the front of the store, they back off and you pick up the goods, so all done as safe as possible.

• Like 1

Now fully armed with some ear defenders I thought I'd take the Grinder out of its box and make a start.

Upon opening the box I was greeted with a 110v plug :o I lent my transformer to my brother months ago but he's over in Chester.

If not I'll have to wait until tomorrow for my next visit to Screwfix, arghhhhhhhhhhhh off to mow the lawn instead FFS!!!!!!! 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...