Dig deep boys! 84A GTE Hatch 17K miles £25K.....

For that price i'd want the headlight wash wipe system reinstated 😊

Remember the low mileage original Red 1.8 GT hatch that has been up for sale for between £18K - £22K for the last 18 months still hasn't sold its just been passed around between dealers.

If some one is in the market for what is essentially an almost new hatch then this is the car to buy as a keeper.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

If that is genuinely 18k I think asking 25 for it is a good starting point, considering that red 1.8 was up for 22 ,

It was for sale latterly by East Lancashire Classics for sale circa £17K. I notice it's no longer listed, so maybe it sold or it has been passed on yet again.

9 hours ago, Rapierdave said:

For that price i'd want the headlight wash wipe system reinstated 😊

Remember the low mileage original Red 1.8 GT hatch that has been up for sale for between £18K - £22K for the last 18 months still hasn't sold its just been passed around between dealers.

If some one is in the market for what is essentially an almost new hatch then this is the car to buy as a keeper.

Agreed on all counts. It's worth a lot of money as an investment/keeper, but it's still a bit OTT at £25K despite it's condition & mileage.  I'd be pleasantly surprised if he could get £15K for it.

3 hours ago, GTEPETE said:

For that price I would prefer it to be in factory fresh standard spec.....

Have to agree.

I see the post on Facebook seems to have been removed. I did notice the seller had only bought it a couple of weeks ago.

Here's a link to when KGF Classics was selling it: 

• Like 2

On 29/07/2020 at 16:36, Monaco Blue said:

I see the post on Facebook seems to have been removed. I did notice the seller had only bought it a couple of weeks ago.

Seems the seller removed the post on Facebook due to all the negative comments he was getting. Still for sale but going to re-advertise elsewhere. I suspect he was a collector/trader rather than a Manta fan. 

• Like 1

This car has been doing the rounds on and off for a while now,was total vaux featured a few years back.

Outstanding example for sure and love those rims,but agree with the above comments best kept bog standard.

You would think with that mega low mileage it would still be factory original..buts its not, the total vaux owner went all ocd and completly rebuilt it anyway.

So probably better than factory in that respect...anyway being a bit of a vaux/opel nut..at 25k can't help but think i could get my hands on a a nice vxr8 for under 20k🤔😮

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It did actually sell the day after I spoke with the owner. He got £18k for it, obviously in Ireland as cars in general are much more expensive and this is amplified with classics. He still has the original steering wheel, as I used to drive it with a protector when I took it on maintenance runs and it's basically brand new condition. The wheels have gone, although I fitted some different refurbished Ronals when I had it as the originals had gone porous. I also think provenance and paperwork has gone now as he asked me to confirm the mileage. I ahem.. "sold" it (to KGF) with every tax disk, MOT and service history—yes, the little footwell book thing—and even the original window sticker and bill of sale that showed £5000 + a trade in for a 78 Cavalier for it brand new, delivered on the 1st August 1984. A shame to "retro mod" an original. I dressed the engine bay with Clive Armstrong's custom chrome/stainless stuff, an Opel GT rocker cover and silicone hoses, etc, but still kept the original parts.

Getting my pants pulled down.. er, I mean selling this car was the BIGGEST MISTAKE I ever made, and I've been married twice!

• Like 4