North West Manta!

adz the stig

here are some pictures of my manta. not so much as a prolect more of just fixing and sorting bits :)

DSC00263.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

sorry for the real crap day! but i cant stop it lol. i wanted to get some pictures of it up so there they are. just a couple of things i need to get sorted out. i need better light's so spot lights i think but i dont want to be dilling holes in her. does the lamp pod just bolt on with out dilling new holes?

she will be tucked up all winter in a nice dry barn. then will get a shed next to my folks house built at some point this summer to keep the rain off her. redtop idea is now well out the window now :) its plenty fast for me lol. showed my friends e day. they all loved it!!!! delighted like!

lol smuglers cove! yeah there aint much up my way other than long windy(like lots of corners) roads from inverness to scourie taking the north road is my fav road of all time. there is only one police man for 60miles and he is a nice guy to!

back at sea the day. i was driving about all yesterday lol loved every second of it

Your picture's are making me depressed :(:lol: :lol:

Nah I'm glad it's got a new home. One of the good things this car has got going for it, when comparing to most other manta's; it's very original, but I'm not saying it's better than most, but as Andy C has pointed out it's a good start base. There's was so many things I wanted to do with this car but didn't have the money or time.In a sense having an original car is very problematic, because the cheaper and easier options aren't the best way forward, for keeping the originality.

I'm not sure how you could fit spot lights, but knowing where you live and knowing the limitation of the sqaure headlamps, you'll probably have to look into doing something about that, not unless you want a to risk damaging the car by hitting deer. You'll probably know yourself deer are a nightmare, because they just 'freeze' in car headlamps. Don't have that problem near Edinburgh, the bankers and fund mangers have killed off all the deer with their boxsters :lol:

Might be a better idea to go down the twin headlamp route, rather than spot lights. I would use brand new globes, (expensive tho), secondhand lamps probably wouldn't be much better than the sqaure units, in my opinion. Anyhow enjoy the car, and have some fun with it. :thumbup

Cheers,

Keith

PS you'll be able to tow your boat with Gary's auld towbar :lol: :lol: :P

I'm not sure how you could fit spot lights, but knowing where you live and knowing the limitation of the sqaure headlamps, you'll probably have to look into doing something about that, not unless you want a to risk damaging the car by hitting deer. Keith

If you put a set of relays in to get the power going from the battery straight to the bulbs. And put in some good bulbs. The square lamps will be ace.

I did this years ago on my old GT/J, the result was like night and day :thumbup

Braw veiw bye the bye :D

John

lol smuglers cove! yeah there aint much up my way other than long windy(like lots of corners) roads from inverness to scourie taking the north road is my fav road of all time. there is only one police man for 60miles and he is a nice guy to!

back at sea the day. i was driving about all yesterday lol loved every second of it

That`ll bi Hamish!! PC wull bi watchin you noo, defo now got thi car tae gang wi the roads in yur neck owe thi woods,wiz ower on islay wi mine awe few year back sheer joy jist had tae watch oot for the free roamin coo`s

cheers rab.

the worst thing on these roads are stags and the holiday makers. its amazing how many people dont know how to drive. i was stuck behind one guy for 3 miles doing!!! 11mph!!!! ended up shouting at him as he SLOWED down for a cattle grid! how can you slow down from 11mph. i dont think they know how to drive if there isnt 3 miles of trafic

Is the polis still based out rhiconich way?

The tourists are fun when they stop the car at the top of a blind crest to look at the view, and you can't overtake as you have no idea if someones coming the other way!

When its tourist free and quiet, that road is ridiculous fun from ullapool northwards. Especially in a quattro turbo! :lol: (tho only if the missus aint in the car!)

Rather looking forward to doing it in my manta B)

are you talking about a old quottro or a new one?? :) i have a soft spot for the old ones. there was a old white one in a barn up north. water pump went so he stuck in the barn since the 80s lol it only had something like 30,000miles on it or was it 17,000 i cant remember now but he sold it :( but it was on the road again untill some total s**t head smashed to windows on her :(

are you talking about a old quottro or a new one?? :) i have a soft spot for the old ones. there was a old white one in a barn up north. water pump went so he stuck in the barn since the 80s lol it only had something like 30,000miles on it or was it 17,000 i cant remember now but he sold it :( but it was on the road again untill some total s**t head smashed to windows on her :(

Well, an A3 quattro turbo.

With a f***** exhaust but damned if I'm handing audi 400 quid just for a backbox!

An old one would be kinda cool tho!