T Reg Coupe For Sale 2.0 Xe

opel2000

1978 non sunroof B series manta coupe for sale £2200, Derby

Resprayed in 2 pack ford radiant red

XE conversion

Fabricated heater box conversion (draws air from original vent)

17" BSA Alloys with excellent tyres, only 1000 miles use.

Calibra Turbo calipers, with RS500 discs (stops well, very well)

Engine had full rebuild, new rings, bearings, new timing belt kit, power cap fitted.

New steering Rack, New GM trailing arms, gusseted lower wishbones,

Chicago Grey interior

New headlining

Loads of stuff done so much that I can't list or even remember now (getting old I guess)

Very tidy good solid no nonsense Manta, no rot, needs NO WELDING.

Car is an unfinished project, and needs minor things to finish, front lamps need mounting, (there is a method for doing these) Screens need the spreader strips fitting and sealing

Paint could do with a tad more of a buff up, but pretty damn good as it is.

Exhaust needs fettling a little, and it could do with a thermostatic fan controller fitting. (manual switch at the moment)

There are other very very minor things required to finish but off hand I can't think what they are.

Basically you could sort out the lights and secure the exhaust, and MOT it.

Car runs fine, a particularly smooth idling XE, stops well, all electrics are fine, heater, rear screen and lights etc.

Located in Derby DE73 car will need transporting unforunately.

Not many that are going to come up for sale like this. at this price.

email me at csarmstrong2012@gmail.com or phone on 07906 470625

pics to be added....

IMAG0123_zps66a2497a.jpg

IMAG0117_zpsd2309488.jpg

IMAG0116_zps81ace7dc.jpg

IMAG0062_zpsc177d9fa.jpg

IMAG0122_zps11c17852.jpg

IMAG0120_zps140f2218.jpg

Edited by opel2000
  • Like 1

As James said, it is sad to see you selling the car and good luck with the sale, defo worth the money all day. B)

To all the newer members Clive has been and still is a font of knowledge and very skillful tradesman, making a lot of bling parts for Manta's. :)

Like a few of the older original members who have moved on he is soorly missed of the forum and good luck with the future. :thumbup

• Like 2

Thanks fella's, very heartwarming comments there.

I do miss the Manta's the forum and the club, but life dictated that my energies were required elswhere.

Since 1992 there has always been at least one Manta on my drive,

To anyone interested in the the sale of the Manta, I must stress that there is a need for a bit of fettling here and there, but it really is minor, and those that know the standards i work to will understand that what I call a bit of fettling is notthing really to most people, if that makes sense.

For people that don't know, I have been restoring and modifying Manta's for years, winning a couple of best in Class, and many 2nd place, and took "Car of the show" back in 96 (I think) with my V8 B series.

All of which had been destined for the breakers until i got my hands on them.

To sum up my advert, it is a sensibly priced Manta, looks good, with sensible subtle mods, a decent modern powerplant, a sensible brake upgrade, and a nice set of alloys to set the car off, although modified it is basically a replica of the Exclusive which makes things easy for insurance purposes.

There are no structural mods to the car.

But there is enough tinkering about on it to give someone a nice lazy "pottering about on the car" on a warm summers weekend.

• Like 1

I have to ekco the above comments. If Clives past work is anything to go by, this car is a steel at that price.

Clive and I have had disagrements over the years, but one thing I can't knock down is his workmanship, it is some of the best I have seen.

Good luck with the sale, mate, and hope to see you around at some point.

Hi Clive

Sorry you are parting with this as it looks a great car

I hope you still frequent the site and give your valuable input into the whole Manta scene as there are far too many ' old school ' dropping out of the club and i fear for the future of it.

Best of luck mate and if our paths cross in the future the beers are on me

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...