1988 coupe project on eBay

Looks like a long forgotten abandoned project:blink:made it to a primer stage of sorts,and the windows out ready for finishing,looks like the drivers floor pan has been replaced with a universal one maybe as the pressing looks different,(note water ingression).The vin plate looks like it has been spot welded on.shouldn't they be riveted:huh:

I wonder what people are prepared to offer him for it,at a quess less than half the asking price.:wacko:

I think it would be a shame to break it especially now our mantas are getting rare on the roads. I can honestly say I haven't seen one on the road for years! But if he's missing most of the bits to put it back together  it might be worth more to him in bits than as a rolling shell.

By the way I want first dibs on the brake guards! !!!!!

Edited by The General

If it is an F plate 88 exclusive its had a solid roof conversion at some point,mind you the seller is showing the vin plate so your able to determine which model it actually is........er I think.:blink:

Edited by evo3000

29 minutes ago, 1900SR said:

Hmmm, that VIN is from a 1985 car I think if I've decoded it properly.

That's what I got as well, apart from the sites that make it out to be a 2015 Vectra sedan.

Here is a link to help check your own cars (if you are bothered :ph34r:) Vin Decoder explanation.

• Like 1

lets face it the cars crap.over priced and the owner is a lying cock breath prick.

In my opinion the only way that car would be saved is by filling it full of autum bedding plants.....

That gives me an idea. 

wheres my Charlie dimmock trowel  that I got for Christmas last year.....

• Like 1

:lol:The seller is trying to pass it off as an 88 F Reg exclusive (albeit needing a lot of work) hence the over keen pricing.

Then to cover himself,he is leaving it to any potential buyer to check the vin plate:o,which indicates that its an 85 model (:thumbupSteve&Rob)

So i reckon that the number plates that the seller is displaying are from a long gone exclusive that was used to donate its parts to this car.

But the vin plate could be off another car altogether (tack welded on)so you might be right there Dan.:mellow:

Edited by evo3000

Strange one that, Black door cards= early car

solid roof= early car

no indicators on the wings= early car

rear screen looks brown= early car

chrome handle trim on floor inside car = early car 

no rot= it's not an exclusive :lol: looks like a good shell

Rear belts= late car

Twin lights and 3 piece off an exclusive

the de coded vin plate is the winner though 

• Like 3

I asked if they had the V5 as the chassis number was 1985, and the plates 1988 and got this reply.

" Hi Steve did not know what reg was the plates were in the bundle of stuff so presumed they went with car no v5 but photo of details are there for you to check. We think its a irmscher though it has 2.2 on rocker top which appears a bit
Baffling. Anyway your welcome to view it has a getting box been here 12 years and got to go as guy has given unit up "

If you want to put this car back on the road it's going to be difficult unless you can find the registration number that goes with that VIN plate (assuming you want to do it legitimately).

• Like 2

All depends on how solid the shell is, no pics of under side but top looks ok in pics.

If it is a good solid shell, needing very little or no welding, then worth all of the £2000. It will cost more than that to sort out a rotten shell.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, 1900SR said:

I asked if they had the V5 as the chassis number was 1985, and the plates 1988 and got this reply.

" Hi Steve did not know what reg was the plates were in the bundle of stuff so presumed they went with car no v5 but photo of details are there for you to check. We think its a irmscher though it has 2.2 on rocker top which appears a bit
Baffling. Anyway your welcome to view it has a getting box been here 12 years and got to go as guy has given unit up "

If you want to put this car back on the road it's going to be difficult unless you can find the registration number that goes with that VIN plate (assuming you want to do it legitimately).

I have a VIN and Reg plate of a C Reg Coupe, it came with all the spares I got with my car when I bought it, the items were still attached to the spare nose cone.  I have the transfer slip from the log book, but I think the car has been scrapped via the logbook, which is no use to try and register.

Would have been worth a bit of money if the car was still registered, I will have to chase it up to confirm the cars demise.