Sticky Manta

1200bandit

Started to work on the n/s door,all masked up and ready to start 

Had a good look at the rear 1/4 ,although it not looking to bad (the lowers need a small amount of work) l know that when the door gets panted it’s going to look that good 

Going to fit original mirrors, did have sports mirrors fitted  ( need a original o/s mirror)

So going to paint the rear 1/4 as well

All so going to blow in the roof where it went a bit tits up when polished 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Today sorted the preparation on n/s door and 1/4 , Door is solid and full of body filter 

The rear 1/4 is all so solid

Painted the door and rear 1/4 ,blowed in the roof 

All looks good,Have a run in the door ,going to leave it until Sunday or Monday night then flattened it out

Just had a look at one of the photos and seen that the pin on the rear axle stand is not quite in

Edited by 1200bandit
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bonga said:

This is a good car for someone.

The manta is 100% solid it has it small faults as any car that is 35 years old 

Sorry to see it go but needs must

28 minutes ago, IanMc said:

Keep it going Wayne!

I am getting near the end of painting now ,Only needs small stuff doing will carry on working on sticky until it’s sold 

Tonight polished the n/s side,wheels back on ( although rear will come off to fit the drums)

Pull Sticky out of the garage in this lovely weather (started first time after 2 weeks)

Turned it round so l can do some work on the o/s 

• Like 8

You should never just check the paint because this happens 

Tonight check the paint on to O/S ,Looking down the door can see the under seal line (just about)

Checked the rear 1/4 needs some work ,the paint was not that bad but l got the paint ,the petrol flap and the back of the flap did not look nice 

When l first checked the rear 1/4 they looked ok , now the rest is done they don’t look so good

used a heat gun to remove the under seal then sanded down ,found that the doors are relatively rust free 

lt was very quick to do , l thought it would be Friday before l got to this point 

When you get a big tin of cockney and got more or less a full tin left. This is rust free 

• Like 1

Tonight espoused,Premiered the lower of the door, rear 1/4  

Got some more primer, got the 2 tins only used 1/2 tin ,Covers really well 

Painted the O/S , got a few runs in the paint as l have got very little room to paint (No photos as they are a bit big)

Will fattened out the runs when fully gone hard (it will keep me busy)

Got more runs than a marathon, Looking on YouTube and can sort the marathon out 

A part form the runs it looks ok

Will start to flattened out on Monday night, Having beer and food over the weekend,(got to have so kind of life)l wish

The runs are bad but will post photos and shame myself tomorrow 

Edited by 1200bandit

6 hours ago, 1200bandit said:

Got more runs than a marathon, Looking on YouTube and can sort the marathon out 

A part form the runs it looks ok

Will start to flattened out on Monday night, Having beer and food over the weekend,(got to have so kind of life)l wish

The runs are bad but will post photos and shame myself tomorrow 

a friend of mine has a body shop. and a few years back i watched him remove runs with a tiny round barrel shaped block

he used a simple tiny thimble shaped tool with a flat bottom in his finger tips . it was the diamiter of about an aa battery maybe a bit larger. and about an inch long so he could use it in his finger tips.

he atached a small roud ,piece of wet and dry to the end then just sanded that small area.

i will go and see him see if i can get a photo. it was perfect for getting rid of runs.

i would not worry to much about runs even my mate who has owned his own body shop all his life still gets them.

its the little tricks to remove them thats key

Edited by droop snoot hp firenza