gold gte coupe resto

just got it back home so really pleased

set out st 2.00 in the morning got home 3.30 in the afternoon.

real hard drive .but i have got it home. great

good news is. its very good underside swan necks great loads of wax oil underneath so im very lucky. copper pipes been done look good

body work way better than i was expecting arches spot on. wings good and inner wings great

got the original bill of sale the car cost £6800 new.

i have got original service book with lots of history.

loads more history i have not looked through yet.

problem areas.

really need a front grill as mine is shot.

car is turning over so thats good. but got to drain the fuel before i go any further on that.

did not here the fuel pump running. with the ignition on..

are the gte decals available. 

here are some photos its getting a bit dark so i will add better photos in the morning

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

also rear springs to high

• Like 3

original sales invoice traded his silver green cav 1.6 s  got  £3500 good deal i say

it says under special bodywork and factory fitted accessories (two coats mettallic paint)

Edited by droop snoot hp firenza
  • Like 3

yes the miles that i driven it would have been a miracle if i was not spoted.

13 hours solid driving

has anyone got a front grill from a cav that i could cut and weld to repair my grill.

does not matter if its rough i only need the top bit..

also has anyone got the paint code for the gold manta

It’s really nice to hear of a car that isn’t as bad as it could be and that the new owner got a nice surprise.

I agree that the Gold suits the car too.

Best of luck with the restoration.

• Thanks 1

With the exception of the grill, it doesn't look too bad at all!  It's had an interior swap at some point in the past as the White Gold GTE's came with the beige Daytona Recaro's. Personally, I prefer the darker seats as fitted. They give more of a contrast against the gold paintwork.

You might find this of interest: https://www.flickr.com/photos/61090099@N04/sets/72157647634744261/with/15527540556/

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, H-400 said:

Typical red/grey colours as I always knew. Was surprised there was also a serie made for the UK with the GSI interieur. 

Yes, those seats never ever made it to the UK. A pity as they are pretty smart. The UK GTE Exclusives had the Chicago Grey velour Recaro's. Red or Orange piping depending on whether the original 87MY batch or later 88MY batch. 

7 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Dint suppose there is one for the exclusives too?

Here you go: 

Edited by Monaco Blue

41 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Was Blitz special order then?

Came with the Manta 400's and was also fitted into the i200's & i240's. May have been an option on them however.

There is fabric available from Turkey if you fancy the Blitz seats.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Yeah I would love the blitz, have you got a link for that please ?

i still need a recommendation for someone to redo the seats and panels if the club has any friends in this industry.

You would need to join the Facebook group to get further info: 

There are a couple of recent GTE restorations on here that have had their seats re-trimmed. Mikes White GTE and Jon Ayres Red GTE hatch.

14 hours ago, IanMc said:

It’s really nice to hear of a car that isn’t as bad as it could be and that the new owner got a nice surprise.

I agree that the Gold suits the car too.

Best of luck with the restoration.

9 hours ago, bris jas said:

Great to hear the under side is pretty solid, thought that might of been the case with how good the arches looked etc.

Good luck with the build :thumbup

thanks 

6 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

With the exception of the grill, it doesn't look too bad at all!  It's had an interior swap at some point in the past as the White Gold GTE's came with the beige Daytona Recaro's. Personally, I prefer the darker seats as fitted. They give more of a contrast against the gold paintwork.

You might find this of interest: https://www.flickr.com/photos/61090099@N04/sets/72157647634744261/with/15527540556/

thanks for your knowledge its a real rare find then unique even. i had the same seats in my gun metal grey gte loved the colour then

( do you no if my seats in my old gun metal grey gte was the original seat colour ?)

but always wanted a gold gte coupe its the car ive wanted all my life so chuffed. i also like the beige recaros. but like my seats with the bronze tinted windows and gold paint.

more cleaning and oiling hinges and locks and things today

1 hour ago, droop snoot hp firenza said:

thanks for your knowledge its a real rare find then unique even. i had the same seats in my gun metal grey gte loved the colour then

( do you no if my seats in my old gun metal grey gte was the original seat colour ?)

No problem. I'm pretty sure the gunmetal (actually called Anthracite) GTE's came with the darker seats. Looking again at the seats in your gold GTE, I notice the vinyl on the seats is black. Pretty sure that most GTE's came with grey vinyl apart from those with the beige Chicago velour interior. I'm sure somebody will be along to correct me if not. Could be that they have been painted/stained black. 

23 hours ago, droop snoot hp firenza said:

also has anyone got the paint code for the gold manta

Paint code for White Gold is E421. You should be able to check this on the aluminium VIN plate riveted to the front panel - bottom row of stamping. A White Gold Manta with beige Daytona check seats will also have trim-code 308 stamped bottom-right of the plate. I cannot remember the grey Daytona check code at the moment but if your car is not showing 308 then the grey seats are probably original.