gold gte coupe resto

14 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Did you get a new nose cone in the end?

hi i have got tons of sheet steel angle just sitting around in my garage in lots of diffrent sizes .So i can just cut the rust out. and weld in new quite easly

its only really the top that has gone. i will add photos soon,

im trying to get all the body work done befrore the cold weather comes.

Edited by droop snoot hp firenza

front end done there is a few mistskes on the bonnet thst i have got to go over again.

the nose cone came out great happy with that..

theres a few other bits i have got to tidy up.

got new head light set from ebay £40 with dome glass not quite as domed as my originals but still ok.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IanMc said:

Great work again!

They do look nice in that colour.

Whats wrong with the bonnet?

the bonnet i had a drip of the gun.

and i did not get enough gold paint on 

i used a high powerd lamp to look close at the coverage of gold before i top coated. but when you stand back the primer is still showing through.

i can repaint just that section but im going to wait for it to dry good first.

also got a few marks here and there. but the body work on the front was really rough so i can not be to upset..

i have now sold my car so the manta is now going to be my everyday car. so really trying to get it on the road asap.

so i do not have to keep using my wifes car

• Like 3

On 02/09/2019 at 13:56, droop snoot hp firenza said:

front end done there is a few mistskes on the bonnet thst i have got to go over again.

the nose cone came out great happy with that..

theres a few other bits i have got to tidy up.

got new head light set from ebay £40 with dome glass not quite as domed as my originals but still ok.

I'm glad the car is as good as i was hoping, your cracking on well with it.

Which seller on Ebay did you get the lamps from and do you know if they sell the adjuster screws as well?

last bit of paintwork done.i  will leave it a week then give it a polish.

also got to paint under the bonnet

just got to get ready for mot.. go through the brakes new handbrake cable pads gaitors. fitted new tyres..

got the lights all working fixed heater fan.

• Like 2