RIP Denis Battrick

AdamBat

Hi, Many of you will have known my Grandfather, Denis Battrick, very proud owner of his orange Manta SR A Series, HPN 363L.   He sadly passed away on Saturday 23rd January and I thought you would like to know, as you've probably chatted to him at various shows over the years....although several years ago now.   He made it to 93 years old and still talked about his Manta with passion.   Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong part of the forum.   Adam.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Hi Adam,

I did have the pleasure of knowing your grandfather, I joined the Manta club 30 years ago and often chatted to him at Billing each year he attended,

He made an appearance on the club video that was made many years ago talking about his A series, It was a stunning car and an absolute credit to him.

I am very sorry to hear the news of his passing, My thoughts are with you at this time.

R I P, Dennis.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AdamBat said:

Hi, Many of you will have known my Grandfather, Denis Battrick, very proud owner of his orange Manta SR A Series, HPN 363L.   He sadly passed away on Saturday 23rd January and I thought you would like to know, as you've probably chatted to him at various shows over the years....although several years ago now.   He made it to 93 years old and still talked about his Manta with passion.   Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong part of the forum.   Adam.

Hi Adam, I’m very so to hear the sad new about your Grandfather. He was a lovely chap and I had the pleasure of meeting him at lots of meetings when he came along in his lovely A series. He will be missed by his Manta family.

May I pass on our condolences from the club committee and all members. He was a real enthusiast and will be missed by all.

Our thoughts are with you all,

Paul.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone - your thoughts are appreciated.   Out of interest, does anyone have a copy of an old article titled "Denis's A Series" that I think was written by the club?   I have a small snippet of the start, but would like to see the whole thing.   Thanks in advance.    Adam.

• 3 months later...

Hi Adam, I remember your grandfather, knew him via one of his neighbours in the early 90s. He always had very strong views about what was and wasnt a 'proper' manta :) . Will you be carrying on with his manta and showing it like he did?

Adam, any idea of the year the article was printed, will gladly have a look at my collection and help out if i can. 

From the sounds of above, your grandad had a great passion, and im sure he was liked for this, a great way to be remembered, and hope his car lives on and he is remembered. The car is a credit to him. 

• 5 months later...