NO CLAIMS BONUS

Julian

noticed on my insurance renewal with "ADRIAN FLUX" TODAY, that in the box " NO CLAIMS BONUS" it says ZERO, now having been driving since 1951, and always been insured, and NEVER ever made a claim, that didn't look fair!! so I phoned them, as I wasn't pleased with that, and was told that as I was driving a classic car  they do not add " no claims bonus" on the documentation, but on checking back they say that I do have a maximum. OK, BUT  I contacted another broker, what would my chances be to have a No claims bonus when my present insurer have it in print that it is NIL?  May be I'm making a mountain out of a molehill!!! Does it make sense to any of you youngsters?

57 minutes ago, Julian said:

noticed on my insurance renewal with "ADRIAN FLUX" TODAY, that in the box " NO CLAIMS BONUS" it says ZERO, now having been driving since 1951, and always been insured, and NEVER ever made a claim, that didn't look fair!! so I phoned them, as I wasn't pleased with that, and was told that as I was driving a classic car  they do not add " no claims bonus" on the documentation, but on checking back they say that I do have a maximum. OK, BUT  I contacted another broker, what would my chances be to have a No claims bonus when my present insurer have it in print that it is NIL?  May be I'm making a mountain out of a molehill!!! Does it make sense to any of you youngsters?

Hi Julian,

Yes that is correct - classic policies by there very nature don't accrue No claims Bonus as they are defined by very low mileage - typcially 1500/3000/5000 miles per annum and typically 2nd /3rd cars. So insurers do not provide NCB or at the same time need to see proof of NCB.  

Rest assured if your policy with us is a second vehicle and you have NCB on another vehicle, most insurers would accept that.   if you have been claim free with us for the duration I believe we'd happily supply a letter to any subsequent insurer to that effect. 

Hope that this helps.

Dan

The car in question is not  2nd vehicle, but you are right in saying classic cars, well mine for example, only done 51 miles in the last eleven months, but there again it has only done 80,000 from new 1977.

• Like 1

Hi julian.

Hope you and your family are safe and well 🤞

Adrian Flux are shite.

Dont even know why they are on the forum. 

You'd get a better  policy from  your local  dry cleaners 👍🤣🤣

I wouldn't trust them to insure a wheel barrow.😡

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It’s so they can justify charging you more money Julian! Car insurance companies are con-artists in plain site. 
Some won’t let you use car no claims on vans, some will only recognise NCB on one policy etc etc - out to milk as much money out of customers. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

It’s so they can justify charging you more money Julian! Car insurance companies are con-artists in plain site. 
Some won’t let you use car no claims on vans, some will only recognise NCB on one policy etc etc - out to milk as much money out of customers. 

No mater how many cars you own you can only drive one at a time, so the NCB should be on them all. It’s a big rip off. 

Edited by Jonathan Pounsett
Missing word
  • Like 2

I am just in the process of renewing with Flux, not personally had any problems with them over the years.

But read a lot of negative stories on here and on the facebook forums regarding not agreeing agreed values, so armed now with 7 pics as requested and the agreed value request form i am just going to email them off.

Its very well documented on here and on the facebook forums just how much very nice GTE and Exclusive coupes are fetching these days, i have the printed evidence of the auction cars of late and what they sold for.

Many of you know my Exclusive E100 OMM. I would rate this as an extremely nice example of the model in excellent condition and so i have upped the value to 20k.

Lets see what happens.

Dan@AdrianFlux can you shed any light on what i have mentioned regarding the agreed values.

12 hours ago, chrisb said:

I am just in the process of renewing with Flux, not personally had any problems with them over the years.

But read a lot of negative stories on here and on the facebook forums regarding not agreeing agreed values, so armed now with 7 pics as requested and the agreed value request form i am just going to email them off.

Its very well documented on here and on the facebook forums just how much very nice GTE and Exclusive coupes are fetching these days, i have the printed evidence of the auction cars of late and what they sold for.

Many of you know my Exclusive E100 OMM. I would rate this as an extremely nice example of the model in excellent condition and so i have upped the value to 20k.

Lets see what happens.

Dan@AdrianFlux can you shed any light on what i have mentioned regarding the agreed values.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the message and there shouldn't be an issue with a valuation as long as it is in-line with others or realistic.   Our insurers will use a variety of yardsticks for gauging a valuation but in the vast majority of cases we usually agree with x 7 photos and the completed form.

Thanks,

Dan

3 hours ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the message and there shouldn't be an issue with a valuation as long as it is in-line with others or realistic.   Our insurers will use a variety of yardsticks for gauging a valuation but in the vast majority of cases we usually agree with x 7 photos and the completed form.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan, can you confirm the NCB situation. I recall many years ago, I had a modified car insured with you, I had full no claims bonus when insuring with you, and when I went to Co-op you provided a letter confirming I had still had full NCB. Is this still the case? 

6 hours ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi Chris,

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thank you for getting back to me with the reply, i have sent everything off and also sent copies of the auction results for the last 2 GTE coupes that have sold.

1 a GTE and the other an Exclusive coupe the same as mine. That sold for £19.500 and £22.600 respectively.

I just want to ensure that i am covered properly in the event god forbid that anything happens.

Many thanks,

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

Well good old Adrian Flux have done it again, took out the Policy on my Exclusive coupe. Paid the premium and now they refuse to agree the Value, they will agree it at £15000.

As everyone on here is aware of the cost of a very nice Exclusive coupe in the event of trying to replace mine if anything happens i feel completely let down and feel i have been miss sold the policy as that sum will not replace my car with one of the same standard.

Where do i go from here? and why as a club are we promoting Adrian Flux to our memebers if are constantly getting let down ?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Well good old Adrian Flux have done it again, took out the Policy on my Exclusive coupe. Paid the premium and now they refuse to agree the Value, they will agree it at £15000.

As everyone on here is aware of the cost of a very nice Exclusive coupe in the event of trying to replace mine if anything happens i feel completely let down and feel i have been miss sold the policy as that sum will not replace my car with one of the same standard.

Where do i go from here? and why as a club are we promoting Adrian Flux to our memebers if are constantly getting let down ?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the message and sorry to learn of the difficulties you are experiencing with the valuation.  if you could message me your full name/ postcode I can investigate.   

Dan

44 minutes ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the message and sorry to learn of the difficulties you are experiencing with the valuation.  if you could message me your full name/ postcode I can investigate.   

Dan

Hi Dan.

You have  a new message, up until now i have had no issues with Adrian Flux and been very happy with the service.  I also have another Opel Manta with you thats coming up for renewal in a months time.

Unfortunately I have decided not to renew with flux this year due to reading and hearing the negative comments through out the club which is a shame I had been with them since my teens and now getting on a tad 60s. So see how my valuation with another well known insurance company compairs for this year.

• Like 1

Quick update, Dan from Adrian Flux here on the forum stepped in to help with my agreed valuation on E100 OMM, And he has managed to get the agreed value increased closer to what i was asking for.

Appreciate your help Dan. Thank you.

• Like 2

On 22/04/2021 at 10:36, maher the hermit said:

Unfortunately I have decided not to renew with flux this year due to reading and hearing the negative comments through out the club which is a shame I had been with them since my teens and now getting on a tad 60s. So see how my valuation with another well known insurance company compairs for this year.

Who are you going with as i am on the hunt for insurance. 

• 1 month later...

Got mine with Footman James for the A series. They have been pretty good so far with stuff for modifications etc.. luckily never had to claim so not sure what they are like from that side of things.

Andy