26 minutes ago, Paul Barrett said:

If I had somewhere to put it…..

I’ll try to investigate though

Well spotted.. dare i say could the club not help save this car or offer help Paul if you have trouble yourself with this matter..🙃

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’m getting no where with this. 
Yhe building has been taken over by another company and the has been left. They have said to approach the old company who have moved to another town. I have callled them up to enquire and they have said they will ask around and call back but nothing. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Paul Barrett said:

I’m getting no where with this. 
Yhe building has been taken over by another company and the has been left. They have said to approach the old company who have moved to another town. I have callled them up to enquire and they have said they will ask around and call back but nothing. 

Just go get it picked up before a scrap wagon finds it and takes it anyway 😬

one of the problems here is that if someone else takes over the yard they will probably just send it straight off to scrap.

its a bit like my cars.ive maintained and had them for many years and most people just say to me "cant see why you spend so much time and effort  looking after your old cars.they will all get scrapped when youre gone"  and they are deadly serious about it ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cam.in.head said:

one of the problems here is that if someone else takes over the yard they will probably just send it straight off to scrap.

its a bit like my cars.ive maintained and had them for many years and most people just say to me "cant see why you spend so much time and effort  looking after your old cars.they will all get scrapped when youre gone"  and they are deadly serious about it ! 

Hopefully they’ll contact the club first. 

When I get chance I’ll make a note in my will. 

Well……

the owner has been in touch. I got hold of the company that has moved. Left some contact details and he called me up. 
I can have the car. It’s in a poor state he reckons but plenty of bits useable on it so could be good for someone. 
meeting him this week hopefully to strike a deal. 

Edited by Paul Barrett
  • Like 8

30 minutes ago, Paul Barrett said:

Well……
It’s in a poor state he reckons but plenty of bits useable on it so could be good for someone. 

I’d rather see another one saved, however, if it’s not worth you fixing up but the hatch & rear panel are ok let me know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jessopia74 said:

And unlimited budget 😮😬🤣

Only if you are buying new panels out of Germany, used  complete fronts are not expensive,  sills,  repair panels, can all be got,  saying that...... Angle grinder blades are cheaper..... All depends how much you value what you got...

Hardest part to repair skillfully is the cavity section on rear panel,  real skill needed here.

Nice save.... Either way.