Silver A reg GT/E coupe for sale.

11 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

https://www.mathewsons.co.uk/auction/lot/lot-250---1984-manta-gte/?lot=13527&so=0&st=GTE&sto=0&au=&ef=&et=&ic=False&sd=0&pp=48&pn=1&g=1

Interesting on the Estimation here, and the agreed value table available to club members. After all this is a project. 

Food for thought🤔

Need to wait and see what it actually sells for as that is more accurate 

19 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Need to wait and see what it actually sells for as that is more accurate 

Estimate of £10,000 - £12,000 which according to the current value table that we used, that would put it at the Top end of "Fair condition" and into the "Good" category - which it obviously isnt.

To be honest, we don't know what is lurking underneath but by the condition of the front panel, it probably doesn't bode all that well.  I would stick my neck out and say estimate of £4000 - £6000 but I guess we will see come auction day. It is a bit unusual in that it is a 1 owner car, an early Facelift B, looks very original and has 43k on the clock.....so who knows!

• Like 3

On 06/04/2023 at 00:30, Irmscher Man said:

Estimate of £10,000 - £12,000 which according to the current value table that we used, that would put it at the Top end of "Fair condition" and into the "Good" category - which it obviously isnt.

To be honest, we don't know what is lurking underneath but by the condition of the front panel, it probably doesn't bode all that well.  I would stick my neck out and say estimate of £4000 - £6000 but I guess we will see come auction day. It is a bit unusual in that it is a 1 owner car, an early Facelift B, looks very original and has 43k on the clock.....so who knows!

The market has been in such a strange situation over the last 2 years that I understand it’s hard to judge what’s the real value.

Posstives are, Manta has had some good TV time and press

Negatives are the COVID tax that drove all car prices high, more so for Classic cars.

So the rest of this year for any cars that are sold will definitely give us openers are better valuation of our cars, but I do not think the OMOC members are far wrong with figures, the auction houses do not have enough previous (stable) market information to give best estimates realistically 

• Like 1

the price of some stuff now is unbeleivable. weve all scrapped better looking cars in the past and if that was on sale on a forecourt in the day in that condition you wouldnt pay £50 for it. 

looks like it needs a full restoration and thats on what you can see.personally  if it goes for above a grand i would be suprised .but it will !    cant see 10 thou at all myself .   

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Must be a trend covering a car in bird shite, mine got bombed at the weekend by a pigeon with what looked like a terminal case of the shits.

Bastard then bombed my new car, looked on eBay for an air defence system but no luck so far.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, IanG said:

Must be a trend covering a car in bird shite, mine got bombed at the weekend by a pigeon with what looked like a terminal case of the shits.

Bastard then bombed my new car, looked on eBay for an air defence system but no luck so far.

All our air defence is currently on its way to Ukraine 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just bought it, stuck it back in a barn, for another 30yrs, put a flock of flying friends in to do their work ..😭😭😭😭 make it look authentic. 

Should have explained.....photos where taken when found, then must have got a rain shower being transported to auction. 

Anyway, should explain pics, my bad. 

• Haha 1