Mr Chris Bennett, manta wanted.

Chris Bennett

The red one is still on, looks nice.

Other place to check is Matthewsons auctions.

1 minute ago, TheRealExile said:

The red one is still on, looks nice.

Other place to check is Matthewsons auctions.

To add it looks like it was possibly a Berlinetta or a 1.8 of some sort if originality bothers you.

• Sutty2006 changed the title to Mr Chris Bennett, manta wanted.

What condition are you looking for?

I have a rolling project that is in almost daily use but will never be a show car. If you have a garage, spare time and a welder you could certainly use and improve as you go. 

Probably might have been best leaving the engine in it, looks like he sold it off at some point, shame really as its starting to get a bit of surface rust. I know it isn't a car for the purist but stick a big lump in there and paint to your own taste, could be a fun track car.

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/06/2023 at 19:24, Trooker said:

What condition are you looking for?

I have a rolling project that is in almost daily use but will never be a show car. If you have a garage, spare time and a welder you could certainly use and improve as you go. 

What have you got mate and any pics ?

1 hour ago, lewis p said:

What have you got mate and any pics ?

‘85 GSi hatch, I’m booked for Saturday at Sywell so you can have a poke around it and take it for a blast there if you’re interested. 

On 16/06/2023 at 20:15, Sutty2006 said:

I’m amazed he hasn’t put a 3.9 in it and sold it by now. 

This one still has not sold,was up for £60,000 when first up ,then over the years has gone down In price 

Last time l looked at this was up for £8,500
May be worth £7,000 for some one ,depending on the body work ( which was stated to bobble)

28 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

This one still has not sold,was up for £60,000 when first up ,then over the years has gone down In price 

Last time l looked at this was up for £8,500
May be worth £7,000 for some one ,depending on the body work ( which was stated to bobble)

If I had the cash, and space, I’d drop a 6BT up it and a holset turbo. That would be FUN! 

• Like 1