we rescued Moon Monkeys Manta !!

d818anr

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right... all i seem to have down the passenger side lights wise is my headlight and brake light.... and the indicator occasionally!!

I've just been go karting and t was mint!!! may have to see about getting a rally license in the next year or too!!!sorry... had to get that in!!

definatley looking forward to next weekend... will be glad to pitch in and learn some new stuff...

am i just bringing a crate of bud and some tobacco/cigs for people? email requests!! i'll try to get them in this week before we go...

as for food... I don't like indian food... but everything else go's... except pizzas from indian places... bleurgh!![xx(][xx(]

If people wanna give me some cash values for money owed and i'll pay for a couple of bottles of gas to be sure we've got enough... and an other bits.... was lookin at my half decent wheel arch today... only to put my finger through!!!

Just wanna check what I should be bringing.... I've got my front end... my elegance bumpers (which need to be screwed into the arches i'm told...[:0][:0]) my brake calipers & discs (i'll try to clean the calipers up a bit... not painting them yet as I'm not sure what colour they're gonna be... petrol tank... to be swapped with pauls...(your's better be good!!![}:)][}:)][:D])

Is there anything else i need to be buying?? how much will I owe for brake lines/fuel lines???

oh... and I got the full day off work so what time do i need to be there???

OMOC NE Area Rep... omocne@hotmail.co.uk

right, just a quick check, are we all looking good for this weekend. I only ask as its become quite a commitment for me to come up this weekend and dont want it to be wasted. Not only am I missing my sister in laws 40th (although thats not too upsetting) but my Gran, who I was really close to, passed away on sunday, and its her funeral monday. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not trying to blow out, I'm infact really looking forward to it, but I just want to check we are still all go. I'm still aiming to be at Chris's for about 0800 saturday if thats ok. Oh and Steve, a couple of cans of Red Bull for me! I'm off the fags these days! Only joking, I'm sure the odd can of Bud will suffice![:D][:D]

signature.jpgmantaebay1.jpgcarsmall1.jpg

http://www.chavspotters.com

Andy Turner a.k.a Fat Southern B'stard

Well been unfortunate enough to have the need to have a play with my new welder, MY GOD it is absolute sh1te, been using an SIP 105 turbo for years but it all died on me bit by bit, cooling fan died and then the gas had to be turned on and off by hand.

Even with no cooling fan and a lower output than the new 130 SIP now ISF or some other crap,, the 105 had a far longer duty cycle then the new so-called better welder, the duty cycle on it is absolute p1ss poor, but it does seem to cool down very quick ready to go again

But seriously not best pleased with this £150 heap of absolute SH!TE.

Best thing is most places are selling these at over or close to the £200 Sov mark, DON'T BUY ONE!!!!!

http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

Definatly on for the weekend.

I have the sills and arches, rustproofed brand new tank, drums and shoes. a set of front wheel bearings, a lot of tools,

Plasma cutter. Wicked bit of kit for the welding guys to save time !!

I am leaving sunny cornwall friday lunchtime, i cant be earlier than that as i am working the morning.

I know where i am going, see you there guys.

----All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be---

well I'll definatley be there....

bringing front end, carlton 2.2 calipers, 2.2 discs, suspension, no seats, bumpers...

I still need a bolt for the bumper... I'm hoping we can get the rear bumper sorted... the fog lights and number plate light will need sorting...

anyone know where I can get decent number plates from??? Just cause I know my front one is never going back on again!!! suprised it hasn't fallen off yet!!!

OMOC NE Area Rep... omocne@hotmail.co.uk

Bring your documents down with you and the motor factors do plates, so not a problem.

I will be home from work about 1.30pm. Just about the same time that Steve should be arriving at mine. Clive I'm expecting around 3.30/4pm , and Paul will hopefully be with us around 8pm.

I plan to get the car up on the roll over cradle, and start to have a good look at what needs doing, then by the time clive arrives we should be steeming along [:)].

The Plasma cutter sounds great Paul, wish I had one, it will make life so much easier.

Steve.

I will be niping to the factors tomorow after work to pick up a few bits for the weekend ie welding wire,seam sealer...

Only 2 days to go, Now I'm starting to buzz [:D]

Chris

Membership Sec.

http://www.mantacentral.co.uk

sigpic2.jpgBefore sigpic.jpgNow

Steve, i need to remind you to bring the funding for the sills and arches, i ordered them in specially and have paid for them, the whole lot was £56 including the VAT.

(I will bring the invoice)

The rest of the bits i am bringing are a donation to the cause !

wish i could get fri off completely.

don't worry paul... i'll even bring your 1 pack of cutters choice!!

how much do these plates cost? just cause I know halfrauds are about 20 quid a plate last time i looked... and was thinking about getting something exra as the normal plates are boring... not sure what I'm allowed... I know I'm allowed a liittle bit more than modern cars due to the age... "they were already on when I bought the car, Orifice!!! I mean Officer!"

beta127.gif

while i remember.... this doesn't have to be done but I think my clutch may need doing... with the car on it's side I thought it may be easier to sort... I have a new one, shall I bring it with me??

The car is mostly packed up... hopefully the neightbours downstairs are in so I can get my petrol tank!!

How much do the number plates cost at the motor factors? I've found some at 28.99 delivered on the net... they even have an opel logo!!!

beta127.gif

Well its all been a bit frantic down here, I got my van back from the sprayshop on wednesday afternoon, i then had to change the clutch, do a service, fix the 4 broken manifold studs and change the exhaust gaskets, and put my new grille on. Then i had to MoT it, it passed after i fixed the indicator bulb (which worked till the tester looked at it) and knock the pump bach a bit to get it through the emmissions.

Now i have it partly loaded up with all kinds of bits and tools and its fueled up ready for a long old drive.

see you tomorrow chaps.

woo hoo!!! been looking forward to this for ages now!!!!

Think I'm gonna have to start declaring the mod's to the insurance co. eek!!! I also gotta tell them about the speeding ticket too... poo...

Think I'll wack a grand agreed value to it too!!

The car is finally packed... hope those bumpers don't move while I'm driving... otherwise i'm fooked!!! was planning to collect the side skirts either on the way or on the way back but I really can't be fooked to extend the travelling time to 5 hours!!

beta127.gif

Good Luck all,just wish i could come and help but i've got work and the Woburn Abbey Rally Sunday,but if you finnish the Manta by early sunday morning your welcome to come down the M6 & M1 and join us all for a burnt Burger off my Bar-B-Q at Woburn!

If you do get really stuck for something i may be able to get to Coventry either late (very?) tonight or early tommorrow morning,i've got sh1t loads of god knows what off Mantas and all sorts of tools that would help,even things like a body roller,i'm at work at 1600 today but only as a spare driver so if the sh1t doesn't hit the fan i could get away by 10pm,i'll keep my Mobile on and with me so if you are in trouble for anything give me a call on 07947 640505 (except midnight to 8am sat).

As this has become such a popular topic i think it will need updating throughout the weekend as work progresses,perhaps the more computer literate amongst you could even post photos of the progress/tab smoking/beer swilling as the changes to the Manta take place,those of us who cant make it really want to know how its going!

South Midz Manta Bitz

Selling all sorts of parts for your Manta,we dont know exactly what we have got,but there's so much we probably have what you want!surplus parts bought,whole cars considerd. M/B 07947 640505

A MANTAMAN Enterprize

OMOC Member number 2658F

Ian Virco,area rep,Beds and North Bucks,and now with added Hertfordshire!

Posted by mantaman

"As this has become such a popular topic i think it will need updating throughout the weekend as work progresses,perhaps the more computer literate amongst you could even post photos of the progress/tab smoking/beer swilling as the changes to the Manta take place,those of us who cant make it really want to know how its going!"

Yes, well lets just hope we actually have a bit of time to do that, as I said in an earlier post, "This is going to be hard work, and not a social event"

The idea was to sort out Moon Monkeys Manta by doing a lot of hard graft.

Well as I've only just got up I guess I won't be going into work at all today, and better see about making a move over to Chris's

http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

Hiv yase nae got a web cam up and runnin we could awe watch then!![;)]

Wish yae awe thi best hiv awe ball [^][^][8D]

"Clan folks"

Scottish Rep /OMOC

Mem.2094

Opel Team Scotland.

`ScottishClanManta`

FORUMPIC.jpg