we rescued Moon Monkeys Manta !!

d818anr

AWESOME!id="red">id="size4">

Honorary, Life Memberships O.M.O.C to all involved in my book. No need to say WHY jist see thi pics.

Scottish Rep /OMOC

Mem.2094

Opel Team Scotland.

`ScottishClanManta`

FORUMPIC.jpg

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to you all. It makes the membership fee fade into insignificance when you think of what you've done. Huzzah!

79 SRB coupe - anyone know what a B230FT is?, 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 1986 GT/E hatch in red street camo colour scheme, 198? GT/E hatch - building from a bare shell to factory spec

"And gentlemen in England now a-bed,

Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks,

That fought with us upon Moon Monkey's day."

To coin a phrase!

Well done indeed chaps!

Cheers,

Joe.

That is simply amazing guys

And i agree with the others LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIPS for all those guys who particapated! [:D]

Sills?, what are those bits of rust laying on the floor then?

BOJ, Jodie, Chicken$h!t

Spares, Racer in waiting, GONE! [:(]

Now known as JC (Jesus Christ) Thanks to Big John for that one

1148113674346.gif

I knew you guys had done a lot of work but wow I wasnt expecting that much or of that quality. Hats off three cheers hurrah etc etc etc.

Before I joined this club I had shyed away from car clubs but I have definately made the right decision in joining this one, and it also makes me proud to be a member of it. Free membership ? as far as I am concerned you guys are the club.

It Kinda puts to shame american hotrod and overhaulin what you achieved in one weekend in someones garage (albeit a very nice and well equipped one) compared to what they achieve with multi million dollar facilitites and huge budgets.

Each and everyone of you should be very proud of yourselves.

Sorry to keep waffling on but in this day and age it is rare to see people help each other to such an extent and I salute you all

86 exclusive coupe

88 exclusive pickup

86 GTE Hatch

Great stuff all that hard work and to think how much a dealer garage would charge for those hours to do half this quality!! That frame in Chris' garage that the manta is tilted in looks like a smart piece of kit.

Also, just to mention the pics still load quite fast on dial-up.

Well done Chris for posting up those pics[:D][:P]

Er, didn't get up until 3pm yesterday, boss not best pleased today, wife not pleased cos of her birthday on Fri the 11th[xx(]

But must say I love this pic

Oops well perhaps not then, can't seem to get it to come up.

I'll try this then

Nope, I give up, but it is the comment in the dusty rear quarter glass[:D][:D][:D]

http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

"Never F***ing again! - Opel2000" per chance Clive? [;)][:D][:D]

Sills?, what are those bits of rust laying on the floor then?

BOJ, Jodie, Chicken$h!t

Spares, Racer in waiting, GONE! [:(]

Now known as JC (Jesus Christ) Thanks to Big John for that one

1148113674346.gif

Would that be this one clive?

windowif5.jpg

Must say i am really really impressed with the work you achieved over the weekend. sp_sign0173.gif

I had fears about the amount of rust that might be lurking behind some of those previous repairs, and that it might prove a step too far to repair in the time available.

I know personally that what looks like a small repair can easily blossom into a huge pile of dust and rust on the garage floor. Its happened to me far too many times in the past with manta's [:0]

http://www.mantasport.co.uk

OMOC no:3325

This 'event' is possible unique among car clubs,i certainly haven't heard of this happening before,the spirit that exists amongst the members of this club is amazing,in many walks of life people will offer addvice and suggestions about what should be done but rather than talk about the problem something was done about it and just think for a moment what it took to to get the action underway and ultimately completed.

Volanteers had to be assembled,a venue had to be arranged,parts and tools gathered,a date decided upon and then everyone had to come together from all parts of England.Then with everything in place the work rate had to be intense due to the timescale yet everyone had to work well together to avoid slowing the job down and irritating each other,any number of foul-ups could have made the attempt fail but its a testament to those involved that they pulled off what most people,even people who know classic cars would have put money on being immpossible.

This is one of the best stories/events i've heard of,i'm seriouly immpressed,to all those involved

WELL DONE,BRILLIANT!id="size5">

Now Steve what colour are you going to piant it? i think a metallic Burgandy Red would good on a Manta as a differant colour.....

South Midz Manta Bitz

Selling all sorts of parts for your Manta,we dont know exactly what we have got,but there's so much we probably have what you want!surplus parts bought,whole cars considerd. M/B 07947 640505

A MANTAMAN Enterprize

OMOC Member number 2658F

Ian Virco,area rep,Beds and North Bucks,and now with added Hertfordshire!

Got to say a huge WELL DONE to all involved.

I heard the stories at the Mids Pub Meet last night and respect to everyone involved.

I've been in similar situations over the years where without more experienced members (Chris, Mick, Charlie, Clive to name a few) I wouldn't still be running a Manta. No two ways about it.

Reckon it might be worth charlie getting in touch with a mag to run it as a feature and give the club some top notch publicity?

National Meetings

IMG_1473.jpg

'86 broken 2.4 GT/E hatch - still looking for V6

'83 Monza 3.0S - New plaything and workhorse!

'73 Original 1.6S - Earning it's keep

have we all recovered yet? Was absolutely knackered last week on earlies, then did a 12 hour saturday day and then an 11 hour sunday night. Gonna be walking round chessington theme park all day tomorrow now, Must be mad! I think my somewhat oversized frame is on the verge of melt down! And my workload that weekend was nothing compared to Chris & Clives!

So Steve, have you done any more to it? Slapped any filler on that passenger side rear quarter now you've had the Kve Finney sanding masterclass!

signature.jpgmantaebay1.jpgcarsmall1.jpg

http://www.chavspotters.com

Andy Turner a.k.a Fat Southern B'stard

I'll be honest mate... still need to sort some cash out for chris and to buy some kind of spray to cover where i've gone through to bare metal... never had a dry & available day to get anything done... half the crap is still in the car at the moment...

already got some filler so just need to get the spray stuff sorted...

can anyone remember what primer it was we used on the rear arches?? and where to get it from???

beta127.gif

oh yeah andy... forgot to ask... any idea what's up with the passenger indicators... neither front or back work and i've checked the now 2 sets of rear lights and it's the same... bulb works fine in thedrivers side but still nowt from the passenger side... was told that the rear light/brake light works so you sorted that out....

beta127.gif