we rescued Moon Monkeys Manta !!

d818anr

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right then Steve.

The consensus of opinion is that we will need your car at Chris Colliers house in coventry by 8pm at the absolute latest on the 11th of August.

Plan is we attack your car as soon as possible, for the benefit of other people reading this post that don't know of the phone calls.

Chris Collier phoned me and O.K.'d his garage/workshop and stated that in his opinion the shell would be the best option and that coincided with the fact that David Howell could deliver the shell on the 11th of Aug.

Chris C then phoned Paulmanta and I then phoned David Howell and Steve Hugill (Mantasrme and Moon monkey)

Moon Monkey doesn't actuallly want David Howells shell due to the corrosion on the sunroof (well hey it is his choice at the end of the day) So we simply have to get stuck into the original plan of getting Steve down early as possible and sorting his car out.

But Steve Mate, We do need this down as early as poss.

Chris Collier is already willing to take the friday afternoon off, and I'm going in work tomorrow to tell of a dental appointment on friday the 11th[:I][}:)][8D][:D][:P][;)][B)][^][:X][:o)] So I can hopefully be over at Chris's by 2pm

Steve mate.... We just need you down there now, Paul will get up as soon as he can on the Friday.

Andy (d818anr) can you email me your phone No. and a time to call, no worries if it like 4am or anything.

So we have hopefully.

Myself. opel2000

Chris Collier. Mantaray

Paul Newport. Paulmanta

Andy Turner. D818anr

Not forgetting Steve Hugill.

One more would be most welcome, but realistically only one more, 6 people around a car should do it. 7 would be a bit of a crowd.

Steve can you confirm that you can get the car down before 8 pm on Friday the 11th

Cheers dude

http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

if someone could email me chris colliers no. I'll be able to confirm what time i can get down there for...

will need to take a half day to make sure i get there but if i do i could probs get down for about 5/6....

if you need another welder colin... the guy who bought the turbo engine from you clive... he said he'd be happy to help... i'll give him a text to see if he's interested...

is there any parts i'll need??? i do have more pictures but they were all too big!!! is there anything that's going to cause major hassle???

OMOC NE Area Rep... omocne@hotmail.co.uk

To be honest we probably have enough people, those who are now involved are very competent and i would be happy to have any of them work on one of my cars, i am massivly looking forward to this, i think it will be an excellent weekends mission !

you may want to buy a bottle of jenolite, that should help keep the repairs from rusting, also any service items (oil/oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, leads if needed) that sort of thing, may as well get it running at its best. ! if you want me to get these cheaper for you through my motor factors i can if you e-mail me.

----All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be---

ht leads are fairly new... only a few months... no idea about spark plugs... oil filter was done at the same time though the colour of the oil it could possibly need doing again... and as the car's possibly going on a spit thing then it it may be better to drain all the oil out anyway...

Just wondering... would there be enough time to do the brakes? was hoping to clean them up and may still have time but i am an idiot so may forget but i know i need new disks and pads for the mot and i've got all the 2.2 bits to go on before hand...and I know the suspesion will definatley need doing... I'm a bit worried about the wishbones as there's a horrendous rattling coming from the front end and I'm begginning to think that it isn't just the shocks....

Tha main thing for me is getting the welding sorted as I know 100% that i really won't be able to do it... the fact that some of the most competant people are going to help me... 2 car of show winners at least (clive and andy... I think... don't know if anyone else has so sorry if i've left you out!!)

Even if we only get the MOT welding done.... and only the outside needs painting I can do the interior myself... well... at least I hope i can manage it!!!

as I said at the beginning... please don't let me stand back and let you guys do everything cause I know i will given half the chance... hence the state of the car in the first place... but as long as i get instruction then I'm more than willing to get stuck in...

one thing that worries me.... Where will i be sleeping???? no offence paul but I don't think i want to share you're van with you!!

Hi Steve.

If there is anything you would like doing to the car e.g. Brakes and you have the parts, then bring them with you and if we have time we will see what we can do.

Suspension sound doggy, Paul have you got top and bottom wish bones in case bushes have gone.

Regards sleeping, DO YOU REARLY THINK YOU WILL HAVE TIME TO SLEEP ,[:D] I have a spare bed and plenty of floor space or tent space.

Don’t worry there will be plenty for you to help with and I hope you will go away from this feeling more confident .

If you can get a D/S rear arch panel it may be needed but I think from the pics. that the rest can be done in sheet (I have a 6x4 sheet so don’t worry)

Chris

Membership Sec.

http://www.mantacentral.co.uk

sigpic2.jpgBeforesigpic.jpgNow

As I mentioned earlier, I think I'm probably too slow at working on cars to be of realistic hands-on use on this project (still happy to be a scrap disposal chap if needed though), but if I can be of help on the Sunday (I'm out on the Saturday), I'm only just down the road and Clive has my number.

Steve, with my Deputy Ed's hat on, this will be a fantastic story for the club mag. Please make sure you take some pictures (I'm sure you will) and if you need a hand slinging an article together afterwards, please let me know. That I can do!

Thanks very much.

Good luck chaps.

Cheers,

Joe.

The front end....hmmm, bring it just in case but that is quite a mission in itself.

Chris, i will see if i have a complete front suspension unit, i may have to take one off but if i have a good one i can bring that, the wishbones take as long as a complete swop.

The arches are a good idea, the passengers side one is most needed, i suspect the inner skin is likly to need some love too.

[^]Best owe luck tae yae awe jist whit awe car clubs awe aboot [^] `OVERHAULIN O.M.O.C STYLE`wid make a braw video,DVD,all work carried oot over thi weekend.

Would also be good if seen in one of the Classic mags, club publicity officer worth a call jist awe thought.

STRIP, CUT, GRIND, HAMMER,TINNY& FAG,GRIND,FLASH SPARKS, TINNY & FAG AWEKIN JIST SMELL THI ATMOSPHERE FAE AWEWA UP HERE!![:)][:D]

Scottish Rep /OMOC

Mem.2094

Opel Team Scotland.

`ScottishClanManta`

FORUMPIC.jpg

Not sure what i paid for them, think they are around twelve - fifteen pounds each.

Just thought it might be easier to get some from a member who has them as hadrian can sometimes take a while to deliver, and you start work in two weeks?

If you want you can have mine and just replace them some time in the future. I'm not going to need them for quite some time yet.

What do you think? I could post them to a supplied address or you can pick them up???

Aseries.jpgPhoto-0001.jpg000_0260.jpg

You can make anything fit with enough time. But it's not as straight forward as it seems.

Although i dont need the set i have now, i will need them. So if they are no longer made it could get expensive from Dr Manta.

Are you sure they are not waiting for enough orders to make another batch? This is what i ment by them taking time.

Aseries.jpgPhoto-0001.jpg000_0260.jpg

I've got two sets of Hadrian rear wheel arches that i have no immediate plans for,also have door sills and lower rear quarters,i could bring these to the 'party' if they are needed,let me know soon as i would have to 'wangle' the saturday off work,i'd love to muck in the whole weekend with my welder etc but the 13th August is the Woburn Abbey Rally and i'm organising the club attendance!

South Midz Manta Bitz

Selling all sorts of parts for your Manta,we dont know exactly what we have got,but there's so much we probably have what you want!surplus parts bought,whole cars considerd. M/B 07947 640505

A MANTAMAN Enterprize

OMOC Member number 2658F

Ian Virco,area rep,Beds and North Bucks,and now with added Hertfordshire!

Dude, e-mail me with a list... i also think that the arches need doing !! we are tidying it up so they need to be looked at, not gaffer taped, thats a bodge and we dont do them !!

I have sills in stock but they will need replacing/paying for.

my hope for this is to atleast get the MOT stuff done....

that would be the sills, chassis section, and any other structural welding... i.e. the floor...

If there's anything that can be left I'd rather leave it till we've got the major bits done...

this includes the electrics.... if you think we can get the definate MOT stuff done and then get the wheel arches inner wings and stuff done then I'll get them... As i say a minimum mot stuff done so i can keep it on the road wher i live so I can learn to weld myself for anything that get's left.... if you thing we can get everything done then please... bring the sills... if we can sort the arches some how i.e. using two of the same sides and bodging them then bring anything that you can see from the pics and i'll pay to replace them...

snowy... as you said you have a pair I don't really want to take them from you cause you can't get a pair... though i've just thought i can check that beaver place...