Stradacab and Devil Fish's 400R road/track project

Devil Fish

Basically Mantadoc has it spot on.

The arches have the recess just like the front wing rail and wing to "a" post fixings.

Because these are genuine but I guess second-generation moulds the recesses were there but needed filing flat to ensure a snug fit.

I used the same j clips and bolts as the wings are fitted with, they're perfect and probably what GM intended.

Also, as you drill approx. 8mm holes in the arch and panel, you have the same adjustment as you do when fitting a front wing to get it to all line up.

No more welding this week, I've broken the welder and have to wait for a new swan-neck to come from Migatronic.

Chopped the redundant surrounds off the Capri front indicators and cut the first hole on the front bumper to accept it.

In view of the lack of fixings, how do people secure the indicator units to the bumper?

Thanks!

Sometimes he just gets too carried away!

Anyway, current thinking is to sick-o-flex some brackets onto the inside of the bumper and then use bolts. Don't really want to glue/seal the indicators in.

I've picked up an engine this weekend too, with a lovely Coscast head.

:thumbup

Few little jobs whilst the welder is off being mended.

Firstly... the aforementioned coscast engine... (note my old skateboard,- Toy Machine deck, with Independent trucks, Speed Demon bearings and Spitfire Hot Tamales wheels ,- for those in the know ), proved to be a great way to move engines about! engine1-1.jpg

Bumper cutouts for the ... err (it pains me to say) Capri (oo I feel so dirty ) indicators.

bumper.jpg

Inner wing primed

nsinnerwing.jpg

A skim of filler on the sill/rear to put the shape back in.

nsfiller.jpg

nsfiller2.jpg

note my old skateboard,- Toy Machine deck, with Independent trucks, Speed Demon bearings and Spitfire Hot Tamales wheels ,- for those in the know ), proved to be a great way to move engines about! Also thanks to me mate Damo for helping lift the bloddy thing into the back of my astra)

i prefer my old jeff kendall (santa cruz) with gullwing trucks and t.bone wheels.. haha :thumbup

u running it on carbs or the standard injection? it will be very numb on standard ignition set up.

Inner wing all sorted, stone chipped etc...

nsinnerwingsorted.jpg

Arch now fully fitted, skirt all lined up etc... (Have to say that the ns moulds are clearly not as good as the os moulds,- the fit is not as good and has required an aweful lot more fettling... if the Rallytech kit is supposed to be the best, I dread to think what the MC rallying etc... ones were like!)

nskit2.jpg

nskit1.jpg

• Like 1