Stradacab and Devil Fish's 400R road/track project

Devil Fish

I'm sure that was a later addition when the Exclusives came out with them...

The original early 400's had the set up I'm going for (i.e. license plate above bumper)...

http://www.simonpanton.co.uk/FoS06/images/r-400-IMG_2257_jpg.jpg

Since the 400r is a 'C' reg, I wanted to go the old look... also in-keeping with my i200 aswell, which is also a 'C' reg.

Well thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

:)

Edited by Devil Fish

You mention this may stay off the track now, are you still keeping with the rollcage and I'm guessing stipped out rally interior or perhaps going for the comfy option?

Expect you're all exited now with only today to go! This must have cost a shedload (well worth it of course) so best get a decent insurer.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh jesus... :o

I didn't realise you had moved on so much with the 400r mate. Looks absolutely stunning in that colour, love it!

Hurry up and finish it so you can let me know when to pick it up. :rolleyes:

Top work, what colour are you going on the wheels then?

Neil.

heh heh, funnily enough James is popping over tomorrow and we are planning on blitzing it to get it all fitted up again....

but it won't be complete as I'm going to spend the winter cleaning every bolt, subframe etc... :P

Going to leave the Borbets silver for now, see how I get on.

Note: front bumper only loosely on at the moment... but we managed to get the front and rear screens in, the kit on and the back all built up, along with the engine wiring etc all back in place...

need to seal the rear arches, screens and well, there's also a heck of a lot of other stuff to do... but it's finally taking shape! :D

P1010094.jpg

P1010103.jpg

Obviously it still needs all the new suspension/lowering springs etc fitting...

P1010104.jpg

Also spent the evening coating the inside of the sills and rear arches in dynax.

Edited by Devil Fish

Yep, I may end up going that way... need to get it fully built, lowered etc before deciding...hmmm maybe I should get another set of 9X16's and 10X17's so I have one set silver and another painted.. ;)

Need to grind the wheels nuts down a bit too for the front wheels... as they are fouling the centre cover plate. :rolleyes:

Edited by Devil Fish

• 1 month later...

Been decorating the lounge and hallway so been v.busy. Darrens been chasing me for a hand (which I will do)

Then there's the small matter of the effing weather- Daz's garage is a modern single and that 400 is a wide b*stard so you've got to roll it out to get on it!!

Yeah, unfortunately the weather has stopped any further progress as James says you've got to get it out of the garage to do anything on it...coupled with being very busy at work and now the run-up to crimbo...

I've managed to rust proof most of it now, the sills, rear arches, and front of chassis are now completely flooded with dynax! Made a right old mess of my garage floor!

I've also sourced everything I need to build a complete front axle assembly so I'l be carrying on with that in the New Year...getting it all cleaned, painted, and then off to a garage for bushes etc and reassembly...

There's no point rushing it now as I won't be driving it until its sunny and dry again and all the salt has disappeared off the roads! ;)

Edited by Devil Fish

Ha, ha,

yeah she's comming along 'sssllloowwwwwlllllyyyyy'! :rolleyes: Actually got her back on her wheels for d'first time in bout 4 months yesterday.

Floors, outriggers, flitches, all sorted now tho so quite chuffed.

Can't put any pics up though, otherwise i'd have to kill everyone..............................................................and i don't know how to. :blink:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Fitted the doors back up, (what a pleasant job that was rebuilding the winding mechanisms, refitting the glass etc...), been painting the trim to freshen it up, dynamat on the doors and copious amounts of Dynax in the doors... also glad I bought some of Clive's custom solutions when I did... think they subtley finish off the doors nicely... (at least it says "Manta" now somewhere on the car!)

nsdoor.jpg

Somehow it took all day to do both doors, oh well, very pleasant in the sun with a beer...happy days! :) :)