Stradacab and Devil Fish's 400R road/track project

Devil Fish

• 2 weeks later...

Car is booked in for mapping/rolling road in two weeks, in the meantime I've been doing a few small jobs like recovering the 6X9 speaker pods I made about 6 years ago when I was driving the car around in it's rusty Berlinetta form!...these pods mean you don't have to chop the parcel shelf. I'll have to see what they look like in the car again, but it would be nice to have some proper speakers in there!

speakers2.jpg

speakers.jpg

^^^^ yeah, i'm with him

cut the shelf, no offence but those boxes are not at all in keeping with the rest of the build quality

do you need speakers - you've got the sound of an XE on throttle bodies up front, that would be all I needed to listen to

:lol: haha, thanks for the brutal honesty chaps! Yeah you might be right, I also have some original manta speaker pods with some upgraded speakers, so they may well end up in there instead...just playing around with options/ideas, I have been thinking that it just ain't going to look right having big speakers on the shelf like that... but I needed to go that far to find out.

need some tunes for the long trip to billing though!

Edited by Devil Fish

:lol: haha, thanks for the brutal honesty chaps! Yeah you might be right, I also have some original manta speaker pods with some upgraded speakers, so they may well end up in there instead...just playing around with options/ideas, I have been thinking that it just ain't going to look right having big speakers on the shelf like that... but I needed to go that far to find out.

need some tunes for the long trip to billing though!

Door pods FTW :thumbup

I'm fitting door bars soon so will have to remove my custom door pocket pods if you're interested.....

Photo

Thanks for the offer Chris, but I'm not a massive fan of door speaker pods... like them to look stock.

cheers anyway though. :thumbup

Looking like I'll just go with the original manta rear pods with upgraded speakers, like you say the noise coming from the front will suffice 99% of the time I'm driving it. :D

I still can't believe none of you liked my speakers ... oh well :blink::lol:

Anyway it's on the rollers now! (Obviously it's still on its original suspension, so is sitting way too high!)

rr8safe.jpg

rr9safe.jpg

rr91.jpg

rr93safe.jpg

it's getting there!!!!!! :):):):) I'm getting seriously bloody excited about it now!

Edited by Devil Fish

189 at the wheels, thats about 245 then at the flywheel then. lol

should top 200bhp. they take some running in tho, valvers get faster with age:) its a fact. :blink:

this projects making me want to start my 400 really bad:) just need to spray the hatch 1st.