Ascona 400R Build

Retro Power

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, those wh made it to Billing will probably know that the car is finished!

MOT'd on the Wednesday, got the first 9"x15" 5 Stud Revolutions to come from the new batch of castings Weds afternoon. Finished spot light bracket Thursday and managed to squeeze in maybe 5 miles or so of testing....

Then Curt and Jason and Curt's lads joined us first thing Friday and the car was driven to Billing.

From there is went back to Curt's place in Cumbria. Then Tuesday a 90 mile round trip for a photo shoot for Retro Cars mag at Frelkeld Quarry :thumbup

Anyways, here are some snaps from Billing.

085.jpg

083.jpg

067.jpg

064.jpg

058.jpg

057.jpg

056.jpg

052.jpg

036.jpg

035.jpg

034.jpg

025.jpg

Edited by Retro Power

• 2 weeks later...

I will have to take a trip up to the lakes sometime to see this in the flesh, as I couldn't make Billing this year :(

Brilliant looking car along with all the others I have seen on the forum.

Proud to be Vauxhall/Opel enthusiast person :thumbup

what are two stands called that lift the shell of the ground so you can turn the shell?

Its a spit frame

two A-frame stands that mount onto the bumper mounts of the car , it makes it very easy to work/weld on the underside of the car as you can just swivel the car over i'm using one at the minute on my chevette.

• 5 weeks later...

this threads helping me quit alot with my 400. have you got any more pics info on gearbox conversion.

what you did to tunnel and a pic of the prop??? :D:thumbup

cheers mick

tunnel can stay standard..just! You need to cut off some of the silly lugs on the gearbox. There are 4 of them which I assume were used in the gearbox plant for robot handling (seen similar when I worked in the GM autobox plant in strasbourg) and they need chopping off.

Prop needs to be a sliding spline jobbie, front end uses a redrilled LDV/transit box flange from GKN as a blank, and rear depends on axle obviously, but if you use a 4ha like we did then you want a jaguar rear flange. Prop is 3" tube

tunnel can stay standard..just! You need to cut off some of the silly lugs on the gearbox. There are 4 of them which I assume were used in the gearbox plant for robot handling (seen similar when I worked in the GM autobox plant in strasbourg) and they need chopping off.

Prop needs to be a sliding spline jobbie, front end uses a redrilled LDV/transit box flange from GKN as a blank, and rear depends on axle obviously, but if you use a 4ha like we did then you want a jaguar rear flange. Prop is 3" tube

cheers thats helpfull:) im off with a 1800 axle with lsd, im wanting to keep as much standard looking so i dont have to sva it, :thumbup

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...