6 mantas for sale on gumtree

There was someone advertising 6 Opel mantas for sale 2 hatch 2 coupes 2 a series you could only chat to him through gumtree a strange guy saying he would arrange for a viewing on next sat but he would have to speak to the boss his mother he's never sent no details through weird bloke I think his name must be Norman bates notice adds been deleted anyone else spoke to him ?

I was in contact with him this time last year, the club did a deal to buy all the mantas and gave his mother a cheque, with arrangements to return and start collecting the cars the following week. The following week on arriving to collect the second car, his mother suddenly deceided that she did not want to carry on with the deal and it all fell through.

She felt that she had been pushed into the deal and that the cars were worth more money than we had paid for them. No one was pushed into anything, we made an offer and she accepted it.

She thinks that because they are old and quite rare, they are worth £700+ each, but In my opinion they are scrap and only worth braking for parts.

this is an example of what she has.

IMG_1258-2[1].JPG

IMG_1247[1].JPG

I am still in contact with her, trying to sort another deal out for the club to buy the lot, to be stiped and parts sold on to club members.

• Like 3

My Brother and I was considering taking a transport down and collecting the lot until I spoke to Simon.

This was where the black exclusive came from we are currently restoring and that car was one of the good ones but will take more money in labour than it's ever going to be worth

FB264035-956F-46B8-BD14-111FA08C8E93_zps

The club buying the parts to sell to members? How are the profits dished out? Has anything happened in relation to getting new panels made as that was a great idea?

i have sent a few emails with no reply so if anybody has a number or something it would be great. Has anybody seen or got anymore info on the cars and the condition (I imagine their rotten to the core) I would love to see some saved and I would be after the white coupe and to be honest all the later cars. 

Edited by Danny D114BCW
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Danny D114BCW said:

The club buying the parts to sell to members? How are the profits dished out? Has anything happened in relation to getting new panels made as that was a great idea?

i have sent a few emails with no reply so if anybody has a number or something it would be great. Has anybody seen or got anymore info on the cars and the condition (I imagine their rotten to the core) I would love to see some saved and I would be after the white coupe and to be honest all the later cars. 

The club did buy an Ascona 400 many years ago, wonder what happened to that one...........................................................:ph34r:

• Like 4

To the club!!

So last year the club with club money (I guess) done some kind of deal but was there not 11 cars??? 

So who owns the black coupe that's Kevin got then!!! And where are the others?? 

All the above maybe aboveboard but why has it taken a year for this to come out which make me thinks the opposite..

To all the Other club members please tell me if you think i am out of line asking this!! but surely I can't be the only one!

The club i await your response..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

Has anything happened in relation to getting new panels made as that was a great idea?

The place I contacted have said they need original panels to copy, however the process is destructive meaning the original panel will be gone. The company will buy the panel or give one of the new ones as replacement. Happy to put in what I have if it helps keep more cars on the road, and from a selfish viewpoint I might get that drivers side rear quarter I need :thumbup

• Like 1

13 hours ago, paris gte said:

To the club!!

So last year the club with club money (I guess) done some kind of deal but was there not 11 cars??? 

So who owns the black coupe that's Kevin got then!!! And where are the others?? 

All the above maybe aboveboard but why has it taken a year for this to come out which make me thinks the opposite..

To all the Other club members please tell me if you think i am out of line asking this!! but surely I can't be the only one!

The club i await your response..

We did agree with the owner to buy, transport, store and break the cars for the clubs benefit last year  but ultimately without success . We subsequently did buy two cars, one of which was sold to Kevin, this was sold to cover some of the costs we incurred. The other one is still in the clubs possession and has been advertised but not sold as of yet

Myself and Chris Collier, along with the agreement of the treasurer, tried to buy these cars with the express intention of making them available to club members, be it as parts or projects. We spent a whole day travelling, negotiating and dealing with the owner. I myself then spent another day collecting the two cars we managed to secure.

If there is any doubt regarding our intentions, you are wrong. Any profits made on any sales we would have made from these cars would have gone back to the club. If you do not believe this, maybe the Manta club isn't for you anymore.

15 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

Any profits would have gone back into the club, surprised you would even question that.

We enquired regarding the re-manufacture of new panels but we would need to supply two new panels of anything we would like to get  remade. Suffice it to say, no one with nos panels wants to let them go.

The cars are totally rotten and only good for parts really, the owner wasn't the most co-operative either. Give me a call if you'd like to know anything else about them.

14 hours ago, lepo5 said:

The club did buy an Ascona 400 many years ago, wonder what happened to that one...........................................................:ph34r:

I know nothing about that I'm afraid, must have been well before my time as a committee member. Do you know roughly when that may have happened etc.

• Like 5

Simon don't get funny!!! You make it sound like I don't have the right to ask questions?

saying (maybe the club isn't for you anymore). Is a forum friendly way of saying (if you don't like it f**k off) in my book. 

Which is not on...

i just don't know why this wasn't out in the open last year?? 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, simon p said:

We enquired regarding the re-manufacture of new panels but we would need to supply two new panels of anything we would like to get  remade. Suffice it to say, no one with nos panels wants to let them go

The place I spoke to in Keighley seem to be happy accepting one panel now, which is a bit better. I guess we need to see if anyone at all is willing to do this.

7 hours ago, paris gte said:

Simon don't get funny!!! You make it sound like I don't have the right to ask questions?

saying (maybe the club isn't for you anymore). Is a forum friendly way of saying (if you don't like it f**k off) in my book. 

Which is not on...

i just don't know why this wasn't out in the open last year?? 

I wasn't being funny. This wasn't directed at you personally Karl just a general statement however it appeared to me you may have thought something underhand was going on, which it wasn't.

It wasn't made public knowledge because the owner wanted it that way, if the deal had come off and the cars were in the clubs possession then of course it would have been made public.

There is so much to these to cars that few people are aware of. If you'd like to know, please give me a call.

• Like 4

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 22:56, lepo5 said:

Ive been active as a committee member in the omoc for over 26 years and never heard that the club owns or bought an ascona 400... where on earth did you get that from because its total rubbish.

• Like 1

Nice rare metallic brown B reg there solid roof aswell,but sadly that may be the only solid part left:(.

All eating grass now,not a good sign at all.:(

RIP(rust in peace):(

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 1