I240r build

ANDY ABBOTT

4 hours ago, Paul Barrett said:

But of course it is! 😂😂

I’m be got some high end 1000cc ones sat in store but may be a tad overkill lol

Fuel will come out of the exhaust like a fire hose. 

9 hours ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

Not sure if the injectors are cheap junk as they was supplied by the guys it first went too who installed the bodies etc...  so wouldn't mind swapping them for a good quality set to put my mind at rest. 

Could you borrow any injectors to see what improvement you get? It’s an expensive gamble buying new and you’ll be pissed if it doesn’t make much difference. 

I've seen high end xe's in mk2s pushing 250 to 300 bhp, must be carved from steel and cost, a packet, surprose it's a 2L class and the more power squeezed and you will be up there.

Hopefully an easy solution is found here, and not too costly.

What do the throttle body manufactures claim in power with this package. 

220-230 is quite easily achievable with an XE I’ve done it 20 years ago with a nova.
45 throttle bodies, high lift cam,  verniers to dial them in, not sure if I had solid lifters or not, decent air ox with direct cold air feed from grill. Bottom end I forget what pistons, possibly omega as have them in a still Not run c20let block. ARP rod bolts etc, lightened flywheel. Quaiffe diff, equal length shafts. The thing weighed in at under 800kg

22 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Andy is it an open diff currently, and do you think this is affecting Dyno.

All that work and cost for a 20bhp increase, it's making me rethink, I know it's alot of work and cost to get big power, I am considering is it worth it, to get a standard engine from 160 to 250ish, of course it is 😉

It was on quaif LSD. Yes quite annoying that I had this same issue with the 2.4 so swapped to XE for that reason 

14 hours ago, Jonathan Pounsett said:

Fuel will come out of the exhaust like a fire hose. 

Could you borrow any injectors to see what improvement you get? It’s an expensive gamble buying new and you’ll be pissed if it doesn’t make much difference. 

I have bought bigger injectors but will need mapping again 

• 2 weeks later...

Got the axle back under the car lastnight, then realised I'd position the calliper brackets in the wrong spot so had to pull the disks etc.... back off and re position them 🙃 but it's mostly done now just need to fill with correct oil and road test. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

It was all supposed to have been balanced up on the last build I had done 4 years ago but it's always felt a bit lumly/off balanced when rev up. Not sure if it was down to flywheel/clutch though. 

If that is the case, weigh the piston & rods see if they all match 

• Like 1