I240r build

ANDY ABBOTT

It's an excellent result. There is maybe a few more ponies there with a cam change from the 244, but it would be at the cost of drivability, so not a good compromise unless you are going to be screwing it on a circuit and within its power band.

188 out if a CIH will feel like more as the delivery of the torque it will pull really well. 

F*ck Webber's 😂🍻

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

It's an excellent result. There is maybe a few more ponies there with a cam change from the 244, but it would be at the cost of drivability, so not a good compromise unless you are going to be screwing it on a circuit and within its power band.

188 out if a CIH will feel like more as the delivery of the torque it will pull really well. 

F*ck Webber's 😂🍻

Yeah it can be poked more but we wanted it drivable too as you say so it should be plenty quick enough with the torque. I can always prod it a bit more in the future if I wish too 😉

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Found a bit of time to give the orange 240r some much needed TLC, good clean, wet vac seats and carpets, clean engine bay and wheels. Even rewired my sound system. Got more sound stuff to go in yet 😎 still need to fit the custom inlet manifold I've had made and send it for another remap after putting a bigger cam, and bigger injectors in it. Got to say out of all my cars I do like this the most 🤫🤪

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 8

Seats seem to have come up brilliantly 👍 could do with some advice on the sounds front. I used to use blaupunkt head units back in the day as they was well built, good output 4chan and shallow so slid into the dash. 

Had to start this thread from page one! What a journey. Cars a credit, well done, perfect in every way, and you did it the way you wanted it, colour, spotlights, wheels. Always have a car planned out in my head even before i start it, and usually never deviates. 

Think you need to experiment with lamp pods on next project, and do a b!  Oldskool, chrome bumpers, lamp pod, 6 cylinder bm engine! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ®evo03 said:

Had to start this thread from page one! What a journey. Cars a credit, well done, perfect in every way, and you did it the way you wanted it, colour, spotlights, wheels. Always have a car planned out in my head even before i start it, and usually never deviates. 

Think you need to experiment with lamp pods on next project, and do a b!  Oldskool, chrome bumpers, lamp pod, 6 cylinder bm engine! 

The older B looks are not really my thing. I'm not sure what I'm doing next to be honest. I have the accident damaged dolphin gray coupe to do then I think that's me done with them to be honest. Ive listed my 2 door ascona project for sale. I'll just keep improving on what I have. 

Edited by ANDY ABBOTT
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

So over the past few months I've found myself not really having much interest in the cars and motivation has been at an all time low. Anyway with having a little time of over Xmas I decided to try and get back into things and spent a little time on the cars. E45 SFK got a clean and polish as I've not touched them since getting back from sywell and was still full of the camping gear and grass...😌 the orange one as I'm sure you all know if been struggling to gain any real power from it considering the amount of modifications the engine has had we only hit 140hp on the rollers which was a bit of a disappointment to say the least. We are putting this down to the head, as it's fitted with a ported, big valve 2.0 head but we think it's just too restrictive and not flowing well enough. So I've found a 2.2 head them I'm going to get reworked/flowed and have had a lot of pictures and advice from rally Bob on where to go with this. So head removed whist I've been off work and now to set about the work on the 2.2 head and get it back on the car and another trip to the roller for a remap and see what we can gain...🤞

• Like 8