1972 Manta A

gordon

1972 Opel Manta A 

56000 miles 

shes been in my family since 73 ,my grandfather picked her up with 6000 miles on her

tax and mot exempt

red with black interior,pull back sunroof

always been covered ,and pretty much original,aprt from 20mm wheel spacers,an opel gt silencer,and a badge on the front.

if i could work out what a URL is you would have photos of her now but i cant seem to work it out.

my email adress is gordonhouchen@hotmail.com

i can email photos from my phone

she is roadworthy,her last MOT was a couple of years ago

£15000

only based on what i can find out there for sale

Guildford area

gordon.

• Like 2

thank you for posting those up Jess

im 54 aproaching 55 i can remember from 73 onwards whenever my grandparents where visiting from sonning they would come pick us up from junior school on thier way through.

flashiest car in the car park by a long way,he had a passion for cars,he traded in his Karman Ghia Razor edge for this.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, gordon said:

thank you for posting those up Jess

im 54 aproaching 55 i can remember from 73 onwards whenever my grandparents where visiting from sonning they would come pick us up from junior school on thier way through.

flashiest car in the car park by a long way,he had a passion for cars,he traded in his Karman Ghia Razor edge for this.

That's some memories mate 👍, very cool.

How many owners on the V5?

I cant see on the V5 but i know this to be true .me,my mum,her dad and i guess the garage in Reading that he bought it from

my pops put the majority of those miles in,my mum loved taking her to car shows when she had the chance,but she was kept stored and difficult for her to get the car out,

when the manta passed to me i just looked after her as best i could,ocasionally a car show,but im a motorbike nut aswell and thats my focus.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, gordon said:

Car is also on Car & Classic.

I've been advised to auction her with them,so that's what will be happing 

Not seen Car & Classic auctions, guessing that's new. I think if I were  to auction mine it would go to Anglia Car Auctions in King's Lynn, they get some remarkable results 

• Like 1

Hi. I wish ide seen this before it went to auction. Im just up the road from you in Cranleigh. I owned 2 A Series Mantas back in the 80's and would love to own another one. If it fails to sell could you get in touch please ?. Although i have to sell my current classic (lovely V8 P6 3500s) i have an interestyed buyer.... Many thanks...Alex.... (.O7595-5O37I4..)

57 minutes ago, Alexb said:

Hi. I wish ide seen this before it went to auction. Im just up the road from you in Cranleigh. I owned 2 A Series Mantas back in the 80's and would love to own another one. If it fails to sell could you get in touch please ?. Although i have to sell my current classic (lovely V8 P6 3500s) i have an interestyed buyer.... Many thanks...Alex.... (.O7595-5O37I4..)

Why don't you bid on it, there are no buyer fees with this auction.

Ide need to see it first and drive it. Also ide like to know more about the cat C as theres no mention of it here. Ide be selling a near immaculate restored car so i just need to be sure its as good as it looks... I used to own TMO 886N in the 80's as a standard car and it breaks my heart to see it now so i know what im looking for. I hope the owner sees' this and gets in touch.

im the owner,my grandfather who owned the car originally came from cranleigh,well his father anyway.

you wouldnt be turning up and driving it sorry,the cat c was a carpark crunch involving the front of the manta,my mum obviously went through the insurance.

i have invoices for 2 new front wings and to be repaired by a car restorer,not a garage.1996 iirc

hopefully this clears a bit up for you Alexb

the auction company car and classic called me and told me it had been cat c

i knew mum had a prang but wasnt aware she went through the insurance,she wasnt thinking of preserving the cars virginity in 96 i guess

• Like 1