Manta Gte Coupe Breaking

mikemanta

I understand you want pricing for parts but it is a whole car I am breaking and I can't possibly list every part with a price. If this is a problem then that is fine I will just list the car on ebay then post a link to it. I am not getting funny but I would rather the omoc get first shout on the parts. Sorry if this upsets people.

• Like 5

Afraid I'm with Mike on this one, think the rules need looking at. If people are listing individual parts then fair enough, but if people are breaking a complete car then how can anyone be expected to list every single part available from it?

• Like 3

I understand what you are saying but listing 5 parts with prices and doing the rest with pm's doesn't make it right I think we need to change the rules for cars that are breaking or have a different section. I really don't want to upset anybody but I think this has highlighted a problem which needs to be discussed .

• Like 2

The reason for this is because of fraudulent sellers we have seen on here in the past, some members lost £100's so from then on, we need to protect ourselves. Now we all know Mike is a long serving member but we have to be fair across the forum.

The other reason is quality control, one persons "great condition" is another persons scrap.

A lot for forums these days ask you to post a picture, along with a piece of paper with the date and your user name on in the same shot but we have refrained from that for the moment.

This will not be changed unless we have a closed forum for members only or we create a new area in the members only section.

For the record, I don't like it either, If you guys want this changed, just drop Rab a message to see if he can create a section in the members area .

My own thoughts would be to completely lock the classified section (again, inline with MANY other forums) except have a public "for sale" section for non members be to able to offer specific parts for sale.

Unfortunately, until this is resolved, I'll have to lock this thread unless you can list any parts you wish to sell.

• Like 1

if it keeps everybody happy then

gte engine has done 89000 but condition unknown £50, 5 speed getrag gearbox for the cih £125,rear axle gte £125, set of gte alloy wheels good condition but tyres are not good £50, doors are not good neither is the boot lid.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...