Irish blue

1200bandit

5 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

forgive me not understanding the imogies or whatever they are called.

dont understand the grinning face .or have i misunderstood. !

the info i gave was true. the adapter can be moved a little either way .mine has the sensor pointing at eleven oclock .

No insult intended. It’s starting to get me as every thing l try will not work.

Any help,information is welcome 

if you don’t laugh you cry.

21 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

the right angled adapter thats already in the engine is on a tapered thread anyway so can be loosened or tightened a small amount either way if clearance is an issue.

looks like all should be ok there.

Have spent 3 hours under the manta this afternoon,the sensor with the adapter on is to tall, Have cut down the new adapter still to tall. I think if l remove the inlet manifold,exhaust manifold the sensor will be to near the exhaust manifold and will burn the wiring. l can not even get to the engine block adapter to turn it at all and it whoud still be to near the manifold . Did try to remove the bracket by the front exhaust pipe still can not get to it.

if l had a original one it whoud take about 10 minutes to do 

On the plus side l found the slight oil leak ,sump bung 

SO I NEED A ORIGINAL ONE PLEASE USED OR A NEW ONE .Will also post in parts required 

The original one is in the middle 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Edited by 1200bandit

The thread into the block is 14x1.5 mm which you can get very easily 

but the is no one doing 14x1.0 mm thread 

Might be able to fit a pressure sensor straight into the engine block.

Will try to check it out on Monday ( hopefully) to see if the is room to fit a sensor directly from the block.

you can on a carlton or senator because the manifold is farther away but on the manta its much closer hence the 90 deg adapter.

i assume you have now got the one from mr carlos on here. that will obviously fit perfect.

if you ever wanted to fit one in the front cover then the other thread ( m14) is ok for that position. 

• Thanks 1

Fitted the oil pressure sensor.
Have seriously under estimate this little job 

Got the sensor fitted in about 30 minutes, pain in ar##

Mark the sensor so l know which wire goes where 

Spent over a hour trying to fit the wiring on , give up in the end

Got 1 of 2 ways to go.

1 remove the manifold again 

2 Remove the sensor again,cut the sensor wiring,secure the wiring to the sensor and fit it.

On the plus side made a bracket for the rear fin thing 

Drilled some 10 mm bolts threaded a a rod though the bolts 

Fitted to the fin and works ok , Will have to get some glue/ filler to secure the rod

On 28/01/2023 at 09:47, cam.in.head said:

you can on a carlton or senator because the manifold is farther away but on the manta its much closer hence the 90 deg adapter.

i assume you have now got the one from mr carlos on here. that will obviously fit perfect.

if you ever wanted to fit one in the front cover then the other thread ( m14) is ok for that position. 

Yes got it from mr Carlos give it a quick test got a oil light,unknown about the pressure yet.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

On the plus side made a bracket for the rear fin thing 

Drilled some 10 mm bolts threaded a a rod though the bolts 

Fitted to the fin and works ok , Will have to get some glue/ filler to secure the rod

Looks like a good solution👍👍👍

• Thanks 1

i admit itwas a bit fiddly on mine and thats one with injection and one on carb but didnt have any real issues. cerainly didnt need manifolds removing at all on mine .just a sawn down spanner !

my sensor points upwards .i fitted the wiring to it first using ring terminals rather than the original type and gently turned the lead from above whilst tightening it.   did both cars with a heatproof /oilproof 2 core cable . and having tightened leads rather than push on ones makes it more reliable. 

• Thanks 1

Going to have a go at cutting the wiring , secured to the sensor,as l have nothing to lose 

If it doesn’t work will remove the manifold again.have replaced the wiring all ready have used a heat sleeve on the wiring and have a little heat cover which may fit

Edited by 1200bandit

Been in the garage for 2 1/2 hours trying to fit this sensor ( 2 minutes to remove) 

Cut the wiring secured to the sensor.will not go on as the wiring is jamming on the exhaust manifold,don’t what to bend the conditions on the sensor as may damage it 

So of with the manifold again,it whoud have been quicker and easier this way ,repair the wiring after the sensor fitted , but if you don’t try you will never know

Whiskey time now l need it

• Like 1

Got in the garage at 5.45 tonight.Determined to get this sensor sorted 

Got the manifold off in 25 minutes ( has been removed before so l knew the bolts will come out easy)

fitted the sensor and wiring.

Made the wiring longer so reroute the wiring behind the clylinder head away from the exhaust manifold.

lf you need to do the sensor remove the manifold as you can see where the wiring will go 

It was done in one and half hours 

So now have a oil light and oil pressure showing on the dash 

• Like 7

Well done for keeping going, that’s been a bit of an epic journey for what seemed at the outset to be a fairly straightforward job. 

I think given the hassle you’ve had I’ll be living with an oil pressure gauge that goes nuts fairly regularly for a while yet. 😂

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

Remove the manifold it’s very easy 

lf l did it this way at the start whoud have saved 6 hours of my life 

Good to know👍 I’m garageless at the mo & must be getting a bit soft as unbolting manifolds on the drive in February isn’t as appealing as it was 30 years ago. Maybe get a chance when the weekends are a bit warmer. 

• Haha 2