That is double what A809BKU sold for 4 years ago, while not a 2 slot it is still the one Tony Fall imported and had converted to RHD.

Unfortunately it gets to the point they are too valuable to use, mind you I would still like to sit and look at it in my dehumidified garage🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rick-Manta said:

He needs to change his company name from Appreciating Classics, to Appreciated Classics in this case! :lol: Cool though! It's nice to see real ones up for sale from time to time.

think they will still appreciate more, but the age group that recognises the value of the car is going to diminish I guess over next 20years

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GTEPETE said:

Being picky, that rear spoiler is badly fitted, as overhangs the boot...

Not being picky at that price it would have to 100% floor less all over and would need to see on a ramp wheels removed 

13 hours ago, IanG said:

Steering wheel is on the wrong side unless you are going backwards……

Is not original, the ordinary G/TE was original:

Lz8J5sB.jpg

The 2-slot versions have the same interieur as the Ascona-400. Black trim and black roofliner. Also the shape of the Recaro's is more round on the top:

ImG2cMB.jpg

The centre console is the same as the 1.2 manta 😁...

As mine no trim on the a-pillar

• Like 5

On 12/05/2023 at 00:03, Jessopia74 said:

think they will still appreciate more, but the age group that recognises the value of the car is going to diminish I guess over next 20years

Yup. Only really available to lottery winners and folk who have 115k to blow on 4 wheels and a CIH. 

now, where did I put my lottery tickets? 

• Haha 3

On 12/05/2023 at 00:03, Jessopia74 said:

Sadly your bang on with your comment mate.😢👍😎

• Like 1

I did think they were being slightly optimistic with the price but time will tell I guess.

It was interesting to think that at the VauxAll gathering last weekend at Gaydon, the most valuable car at the event was most probably the rather unassuming looking slim bodied white Manta 400. I bet the owner of the Lotus Carlton next to us probably didnt even realise. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

I did think they were being slightly optimistic with the price but time will tell I guess.

It was interesting to think that at the VauxAll gathering last weekend at Gaydon, the most valuable car at the event was most probably the rather unassuming looking slim bodied white Manta 400. I bet the owner of the Lotus Carlton next to us probably didnt even realise. 🙂

That’s kind of good in a way mate, hopefully when the scum targets cars at a show ours will be still be relatively inconspicuous 

4 hours ago, starmist said:

Was the 400 Ian Goachers old car?

No, this one is a one owner car. Club member for a long time and just coming to the end of an epic restoration, just sorting a few little niggles out. Its a lovely early 400 with full history from the day he picked it up in Germany.

344292310_1405015737006367_8967673501137983557_n.jpg

• Like 7