Insurance

1200bandit

Have got a quote from Lancaster insurance £186.86

l know insurance has gone up 

l have covered about 300 miles in last year,clean licence,in a secure garage with alarm 

What is the average price for insurance 

Mines £158 with CVI agreed value fully comp but not in a garage most of the time and it’s also covered for business use. Several times last year I took the Manta on trips to see clients and very much enjoyed the run home - usually via the A roads 😎

• Like 5

I’m with CVI too. Mines circa £170 with agreed value. I’ve added other cars to the policy since and the rates were competitive. Not loads cheaper but they do seem like a very friendly bunch and they know and understand modifications.

• Like 3

CVI too, although they would need to treat OMOC members with a bit more loyalty.

Premium increased slightly, but got them sorted in the end £100 admin fees each year is a bit much.

They also had a surname mistake in the final documents and a car down as turbo😉

I wouldn't mind but it was a 1.6cih 😂

Would be tempting to fit a 230bhp super sixteen from a Corsa, as when they corrected themselves, it didn't reduce the premium 🤔

All in all, probably the best I've dealt with but they need to offer loyalty to loyal customers and OMOC members 👍

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

As well as the premium it’s worth looking at how they’ll treat  you in the event of a claim. 

eg on my daily BMW I had to pay in full for a windscreen replacement and then get reimbursed upto a set limit 

Edited by Kal001
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kal001 said:

As well as the premium it’s worth looking at how they’ll treat  you in the event of a claim. 

eg on my daily BMW I had to pay in full for a windscreen replacement and then get reimbursed upto a set limit 

I used to used Adrian Flux years ago. They screwed me over when I wrote my mondeo off. Worst part was mid claim (none fault) they auto renewed my policy with a (fault claim) because the other party hadn’t admitted liability at the time… took 1400 out of my bank on Friday afternoon. By the time I saw it, it was too late to ring them and I was broke over the weekend. Left me in a right pickle. They hadn’t even sent me the renewal paperwork. Cancelled my policy and went with someone else for about £600. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

I used to used Adrian Flux years ago. They screwed me over when I wrote my mondeo off. Worst part was mid claim (none fault) they auto renewed my policy with a (fault claim) because the other party hadn’t admitted liability at the time… took 1400 out of my bank on Friday afternoon. By the time I saw it, it was too late to ring them and I was broke over the weekend. Left me in a right pickle. They hadn’t even sent me the renewal paperwork. Cancelled my policy and went with someone else for about £600. 

Had similar with Admiral - we were driving back from Cornwall June 22 when an idiot rammed us off the road. Firstly he wouldn’t respond then tried to blame us. Due to this Admiral wanted to up  our premiums massively. 

Thanks to the dash cam we managed to get his insurance to accept liability plus as an added bonus the police prosecuted him and awarded him £1000. In fines and costs along with 9 points. ( I’d hate to see his premium !) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Apologies all, I’ve had a few log in issues amongst other things of late.

The £100 admin fee which appears on documents. Due to various financial regulations, we have to put in black and white what our maximum charge can be charged by CVI. 

However charges like that would never be charged on a personal line policy (which classic car policies are). However they are quite common on complex commercial insurance policies, which we do also issue.

It will show on the documents as £100 then discount amount of X. So it goes without saying, what Evo03 says needs me to investigate tomorrow, and report back to him.

As many of you know me or can quickly access me be it via phone, in person or on social media, I’m keen to keep the club scheme growing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CVI said:

Apologies all, I’ve had a few log in issues amongst other things of late.

The £100 admin fee which appears on documents. Due to various financial regulations, we have to put in black and white what our maximum charge can be charged by CVI. 

However charges like that would never be charged on a personal line policy (which classic car policies are). However they are quite common on complex commercial insurance policies, which we do also issue.

It will show on the documents as £100 then discount amount of X. So it goes without saying, what Evo03 says needs me to investigate tomorrow, and report back to him.

As many of you know me or can quickly access me be it via phone, in person or on social media, I’m keen to keep the club scheme growing.

My 2021 X3Mcomp is due on 29th. Do you insure these type of cars too? (Not modded) 

I would like to wrap into 1 policy my main car and a couple of my cars (Manta and Monza)  

10 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

My 2021 X3Mcomp is due on 29th. Do you insure these type of cars too? (Not modded) 

I would like to wrap into 1 policy my main car and a couple of my cars (Manta and Monza)  

Indeed. If we can add the day to day car onto a policy with a classic.

• 2 weeks later...

Hagerty want £311 to renew my 2.7 Exclusive coupe, even though the car will be garaged once its back on the road after David Howell's finished his work and its had a full repaint.

as I'm based in London, apparently thats a good price as other companies want over £500.

2 hours ago, execman said:

Hagerty want £311 to renew my 2.7 Exclusive coupe, even though the car will be garaged once its back on the road after David Howell's finished his work and its had a full repaint.

as I'm based in London, apparently thats a good price as other companies want over £500.

Have we had a look for you? If it’s garaged in London that’s a bonus in all honesty.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, execman said:

Does the same hike happen with a daily driver in London? I have 2 classics insured right now (one is a classic Camper) for just under half that.

The car has additional mods as well as the engine being bored and stroked to 2.7, and that contributed to the higher quotes. Renewal is early next week and tbh I can’t be asked spending more time searching for a better quote.

On 03/07/2024 at 15:44, execman said:

The car has additional mods as well as the engine being bored and stroked to 2.7, and that contributed to the higher quotes. Renewal is early next week and tbh I can’t be asked spending more time searching for a better quote.

Completely understand. If anything changes, give me a shout, happy to help.

On 06/07/2024 at 12:44, ®evo03 said:

Ian, is agreed value, agreed value, or is there a better, classification? 

If its on an agreed value ,In the event of a total loss, you will be paid the amount agreed on the schedule - less any excess applicable.

• Like 1