Manta Chassis Repairs

SCP

The work on this car is outstanding and very clean.2 questions,How big is the garage that the Manta is in,How did you get on its side.

Hi thanks ,my garage is only standard think its about 18 x9ft I made a chassis tilter in above pics then you can turn car over to any angle required

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Edited by SCP
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If your Manta is finished in time then please bring it to Billing 2016 & join the South Wales & West crew.

I hope to get it ready well before Billing even though progress is slow. I have always camped with Anne ever since very first Billing (even when I was south west area rep for many years) don't want to break tradition lol, but will be nice to meet up cheers

Edited by SCP

The standard of this restoration is exemplary, if you can get this Manta to Billing next year i think you should plan on clearing a space on your mantle peice !!

Should be ready, will be the first time in 5 years in a Manta cant wait . Hopefully it will look good and not just in photos lol

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, Berlinetta said:

Great work there!!

What paint did you use to spray the engine (and the gearbox)?

Cheers I used epoxy primer then 2K colour have used before and it seems fine as long as engine is cleaned very well first

1 hour ago, plumster said:

Cor blimey, I'm gonna go & burn my piece of shite.

When you think about it, I doubt if any car, whatever make, will beat this one, even when they roll off the production line, if there is a word better than mint, it applies to this.  Really Outstanding.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

last bit electric aerial painted now and made up a good pair of side repeaters with all I had,  no holes in my wings anymore :thumbup

engine bay finished

and a couple of pics of underside its been a bit of a time consuming project as I have done all work myself apart from spraying the top (bodywork) of car 

maybe I can finally drive it after 5 years off the road didn't think it would take that time when I started striping it down

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 4