Fog light kit

hi Pete,

I have a question to ask:

whenever i saw you car back in the day, I noticed you have a fire extinguisher fixed to the nearside front interior; can I ask what spec it is, how its attached and the supplier please.

I ask this because the previous Exclusive my engine was in, (E828DJN), perished at the side of the M11 back in 1996, due to a fire in the fuel pump assembly area; anything I can do to not go through that experience again, I'll do. to watch your pride and joy go up in flames, aknowing there's nothing you can do about it, is something I wouldnt wish on anyone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, execman said:

hi Pete,

I have a question to ask:

whenever i saw you car back in the day, I noticed you have a fire extinguisher fixed to the nearside front interior; can I ask what spec it is, how its attached and the supplier please.

I ask this because the previous Exclusive my engine was in, (E828DJN), perished at the side of the M11 back in 1996, due to a fire in the fuel pump assembly area; anything I can do to not go through that experience again, I'll do. to watch your pride and joy go up in flames, aknowing there's nothing you can do about it, is something I wouldnt wish on anyone.

Interesting question, will check for you...if its still there! I think RAC (MSA) racing rulebook said it had to be 1kg size easy access..Although .I would go for a 2kg powder extinguisher in the boot  now...sorry to hear about your old car though....but I do smile watching Lambos catching fire when showing off in London . Not sure why he drives off while its still on fire..to find a Fire station? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Id rather have a fire extinguisher! :D

Fog lights can be added to reflector section on back lights, sample LED bulb and a grommet bulb holder, pence!

But i know..... originality blah, blah, considering removing a roof ariel at the mo, or maybe a modern bee sting, was even tempted with a shark fin!

Dont know why i even need an ariel, keeping the original radio in place but am considering fitting modern bluetooth mp3 cd, with aux lead, radio in glove box, or maybe under passangers seat. Rarely listen to the wireless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny D114BCW said:

Sorry but the fog light in the bumper is horrendous 💩

Yeh, so is the afterthought dangling below the bumper, fog wasnt invented in the 80s ???? 

1 hour ago, TheRealExile said:

I was picturing one each side to balance it out 😯 yuk.

Dont like front fogs either, its like tacky add ons, ariels, lights, to be honest the manta gte font 😯 yuk

Dislike any addition or afterthought added to a car, its like they didnt like the first plan so they make it up as they go along!  

That saying ....yeh but....., 

The design process should be final, 

Dont mind the proper GM fog, but i think its better to hide it in the fog, and let the uninterrupted lines speak for themselves.

As far as i know rally cars dont need fogs, but are mot'd,  

• Like 1

its all a matter of personal taste. i do like the extras but only ones which gm would have fitted. never use the radio as such but like the look of a pulled up wing ariel.

must have mudflaps but again must be the correct ones.looks too bare without them.

and the fog is a good idea anyway for safety but my mot man wont pass a modified rear light. must be factory.

1 hour ago, cam.in.head said:

il ask next time i go . probably the same reason you cant fit anything non standard such as hid or led or higher wattage bulbs to a lamp unit not approved/ designed for it. 

It would better if there was a limit to how bright any bulb can be, its got to the point where i am taking a welding mask with me everywhere i go, ahh my eyes are burning, honestly are people really that blind that they need lights so bright, maybe  they should book an eye test! Im angry, grrrrrrrr! 

Im considering full beam, full time, ha! 

11 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

Depends on the Tester

Nuff said! So if all testers where happy bunnies, there wouldnt be a problem. Or maybe we should all stay home on foggy days! A light aint gonna help the moron, sitting 2m off your bumper. Still angry! Grrrrrrr

Well there are rules about that. The brightness of lights on a car is called "candela". The stoplights must have a brightness between 20 and 120 candelas.

The foglights (rear) must have between 65 and 300 candelas.  Some modern cars have different levels: day or night but I think our Manta's don't have that option...

Think the most important the MOT tester checks if the light works and the CE-mark. Got my foglight also in my cluster with a strong LED in the socket, never had any problem.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, H-400 said:

Well there are rules about that. The brightness of lights on a car is called "candela". The stoplights must have a brightness between 20 and 120 candelas.

The foglights (rear) must have between 65 and 300 candelas.  Some modern cars have different levels: day or night but I think our Manta's don't have that option...

Think the most important the MOT tester checks if the light works and the CE-mark. Got my foglight also in my cluster with a strong LED in the socket, never had any problem.

What LED do you use as the last time I did it the bulb was very dull

4 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

It would better if there was a limit to how bright any bulb can be, its got to the point where i am taking a welding mask with me everywhere i go, ahh my eyes are burning, honestly are people really that blind that they need lights so bright, maybe  they should book an eye test! Im angry, grrrrrrrr! 

Im considering full beam, full time, ha! 

Nuff said! So if all testers where happy bunnies, there wouldnt be a problem. Or maybe we should all stay home on foggy days! A light aint gonna help the moron, sitting 2m off your bumper. Still angry! Grrrrrrr

If a car is in close proximity to you, I.e traffic Don't use your bloody fog lights! Honestly the amount of ppl that flick them on at slightest low cloud, even in the rain sat in peak traffic is a joke. No stats exist, however I would wager more accidents are a result of fog lamps illuminated than not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

I tend to use my fog light if someone is sat on my ass or behind me with full beam on. Flicking the fog on and off normally annoys them enough to back off or realise they have full beam on 🙂

That's a far better use than 99.9% of how drivers(loose term) use the mate.

• Like 1