Manta back on

It’s a very difficult car to sell it seams. Turning it back into a normal road car would cost a fortune. Isn’t it space framed? You’d have to Chuck a huge V8 into it just to match it, there’s another chunk of cash. So a 10k car could easily turn into 30k if doing it right. Crate motor and gearbox from the states, etc etc. No point chucking a 2.0e back in it lol

i know exactly what I’d do given a no limit budget. Enough space in there for a 6.5 V8 turbo diesel out of a humvee, paint it olive drab and have a twin straight through pipe out the back. That’ll turn Greta over in her sleep haha 

• Like 3

Wouldnt really be a car for the manta purest, but given a thought, and a plan would make a high value car. Think its being advertised in the wrong places, it needs shown for what it is now, and what it could be. .........i think revamp.....some styling changes and a monaro setup!    Or total mad max look! With the hummer plant!

At 10k surely thats a steal, given the recent manta sales.

• Like 2

I’ll be honest, I think 10k is rich for what it is, a rolling shell. What can you buy for 10k that’s running and on the road? There’s quite a lot out there. I know the owner has spent a lot of money on it, but as we all know, you never get it back, especially on a custom one off. Good luck to him is all I can say! 

An omoc member could buy mine for not much more than the 10K asking, probably be the same when an engine/gearbox is found & fitted. But this is a bit different. I agree it is marmite and it won't be for 9/10 people I guess, but out there there us sone one for this.

I think it should have an engine & gearbox put in at least as it will make it easier for a potential buyer for a project.

On 26/02/2021 at 09:37, GTEPETE said:

28d4e1f0f3ef8de16b6d01f9ae991b8e.jpg

Turn it into this?

Sitting like this, with a monaro block, gearbox, subframe, what would it be worth £25k? Less/ more? 

Think the colour on the car for sale doesn't do it any justice, its like a stationwagon, campervan, or an 80's truck livery! Weird! 

1 hour ago, ®evo03 said:

Sitting like this, with a monaro block, gearbox, subframe, what would it be worth £25k? Less/ more? 

Think the colour on the car for sale doesn't do it any justice, its like a stationwagon, campervan, or an 80's truck livery! Weird! 

I think it was originally listed with an engine and box, and iirc less than £20k

Shows up on the mot check site as an Opel Manta Evolution.  Also noticed the third picture ( passenger side ) is a mirror image of the drivers side photo ( first photo ). I thought it was weird as it’s both left and right hand drive 😳. Maybe there’s something to hide or he just forgot to take a photo 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

An omoc member could buy mine for not much more than the 10K asking, probably be the same when an engine/gearbox is found & fitted. But this is a bit different. I agree it is marmite and it won't be for 9/10 people I guess, but out there there us sone one for this.

I think it should have an engine & gearbox put in at least as it will make it easier for a potential buyer for a project.

I did bid on this ages back in a moment of utter madness when the Engine was included,  bid 7.5k but didn't meet the reserve.  Would have no doubt been a blast on the track.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

It is a bit A-teamy isn’t it? Lol. I like the paint job, think it suits it. At least they didn’t paint it pink, it’d be worth about 50p if it was 🤣

2 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Ok that's a bit much, maybe the engine &bix was something very special, like gold block or something 😂

I did think that  he will own that for a long time .What price whoud anyone put on it.

It’s been for sale for some time at £10,000

£10,000 is a bit high,but what do l know it might be the right price 

Put it this way, depending on the spaceframe, it wont need welded, or dreaded swan necks! 

Or this way, last evolution kit i seen was removed from a car and €3k, then compomotive twelve inch split rims wheels, have to be £1.5k / or £2k, theres £5k, plus a guaranteed rustless manta for life, thats priceless! 

Edited by ®evo03

58 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Put it this way, depending on the spaceframe, it wont need welded, or dreaded swan necks! 

Or this way, last evolution kit i seen was removed from a car and €3k, then compomotive twelve inch split rims wheels, have to be £1.5k / or £2k, theres £5k, plus a guaranteed rustless manta for life, thats priceless! 

Agreed😎....car has alot of potential,i would still go down the motorsport theme/route with this😍

Of the many times its been up for sale on ebay , it was on at auction and only reached about 7.3k with the engine and reserve not met.

So bearing that in mind you would think it would be worth less without the engine.🤓

• Like 1

Cars are usually worth more in bits. That’s why a few break them for profit. My discovery 1 is a worthless pile of garbage but breaking it I’d make a fortune. 
this ones down to 8500 now. So it’s getting there. 

when i saw this car back in 2010 it had some rust issues in the roof and he had a new roof skin t be put on i dont think that happened but a paint job and some filler i expect the box section in the chassis is 5mm wall thickness from what i remember   the fact it has no inner wings ect  doesnt detract for me it has to be motorsport the,ed tho

84990607_10162901896445424_959503244478906368_n.jpg