Remanufactured Panels - B series Battery Tray Repair Panel (RHD)

Irmscher Man

Remanufactured Panels - B series Battery Tray Repair Panel (RHD)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Please add your name to the list if you are interested in purchasing a B Series Battery Tray Repair Panel.

• Please put my name on the list and contact me about payment
    • I am not interested

To try and get an indication of how many people are interested in getting their hands on a B Series Battery Tray repair Panel, we need to know numbers for the order and we need a minimum of 10 to proceed. At present, this is the next panel to go into manufacture and a pre production sample has not yet been made. It is likely to be the full battery tray and includes the bracket.

These are quality items and made from 20 gauge steel. Some of their other items can be seen here - https://www.steelpanels.co.uk/products/ 

TO SHOW INTEREST IN PLACING AN ORDER - JUST CLICK ON THE "YES" BUTTON ABOVE.

The Details:

This post is for a B series Battery Tray Repair Panel.

The Price will be approximately £110 each plus VAT

Club Members will receive a 10% discount on this price. 

Picture for attention only - you know where the Battery tray is I'm sure!

Battery Tray.jpg

17 hours ago, Exclusive Opel said:

Perhaps an option without the the bracket and nut fitted to bring the price down?

Would including the bracket but not fitting it be of any benefit, battery relocation?, bigger battery, smaller battery! Just an idea! 

14 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Would including the bracket but not fitting it be of any benefit, battery relocation?, bigger battery, smaller battery! Just an idea! 

Yes, definitely worth thinking about this. We did actually discuss this as a possibility as it also would bring the cost down slightly. 

9 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

Yes, definitely worth thinking about this. We did actually discuss this as a possibility as it also would bring the cost down slightly. 

Any chance of seeing where the panel ends and the finished edges, gives us an idea where the new metal begins, maybe a existing photo as above but with a few lines showing edges. Thanks

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 14/07/2021 at 22:04, Kevin Abbott said:

Dave may have beat the club to the finish line on these?

It will be interesting to see what they are like. Obviously we have put quite a bit of time and effort into trying to get quality parts made, but if demand drops off as a result of this, it may jeopardise the production run.

8 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

It will be interesting to see what they are like. Obviously we have put quite a bit of time and effort into trying to get quality parts made, but if demand drops off as a result of this, it may jeopardise the production run.

I think it’s a safe bet that will happen. 
maybe time to prioritise another important part people really want? Coupe rear panels I would say. 

On 17/07/2021 at 09:36, Danny D114BCW said:

I think it’s a safe bet that will happen. 
maybe time to prioritise another important part people really want? Coupe rear panels I would say. 

Coupe panels are already in the mix for remanufacture, although To be honest, this recent development puts the whole process of the club remanufacturing panels in jeopardy. I asked Dave politely not to tread on our toes and he has blatantly ignored that. Don’t forget, we are doing this for the good of the club members and will not be making any money out of this personally. I suspect that is not the case with any other supplier. 

I am looking into suspending the whole process at the moment as we can’t afford to waste any more of our own personal time  if this isn’t going to happen. It’s a shame really as these panels from Express would have been of exceptional quality. Some of the other panel manufacturers are not of such good quality (Klokkerholm for instance) and they don't really care about us as a club as they are a business and run for their own financial benefit, rather than the OMOC as a whole.

Apologies if that sounds a bit strong but I am, (understandably I feel), a bit pissed off.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I think dave is using the same manufacturer as the club so I cant see quality being an issue, and he seems to have made some real nice stuff for the chevette lads. Personally I would have loved to have supported the club on this but its a shame things have taken so long to get moving. I also think dave has beaten the club to the finish line on these and other manta panels and is already taking deposits for the A post closing panels. Either way its great that panel production for the b is under way whomever makes it first just glad that we may finally be able to get the sections most of us need for restoration. 

Edited by ANDY ABBOTT
  • Like 5

Yup agree Andy, club has taken way to long to get thier act together and beaten to it. Did not know him until he posted about those A post infill panels, but after looking at what he gas made for other Vauxhall's I was happy to hand my money over 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

I am looking into suspending the whole process at the moment 

I wouldn't be so hasty.  How far off from production are you? Dave has only just taken deposits for the kick panels.  Delivery is 6 to 8 weeks away.  He hasn't asked for orders on the battery tray.  Me personally I'd rather support the club.  Better chance of these panels being available again in the future.  I guess Dave will only ever do one run.

• Like 1

Dave isn’t using the same manufacturer as us, as far as I’m aware. He is using someone local I believe. It will be interesting to see how they turn out as I might have to look at changing suppliers as I’m getting really frustrated with the lack of movement from the supplier we are trying to work with. We have done everything they asked us to do, even supplying them with OEM panels to use, so I can say that it isn’t down to us dragging our feet.

• Like 7

I'm certainly not accusing anyone of dragging their feet.  It's been a difficult 18 months.  I'd rather have the best panel available.  If you've asked Dave not to do the panels the club is having manufactured and your request has been ignored that's not on. There's plenty of other panels that's unavailable he could have made.  Rear floors? Put me down for a club battery tray please Paul. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vince said:

I'm certainly not accusing anyone of dragging their feet.  It's been a difficult 18 months.  I'd rather have the best panel available.  If you've asked Dave not to do the panels the club is having manufactured and your request has been ignored that's not on. There's plenty of other panels that's unavailable he could have made.  Rear floors? Put me down for a club battery tray please Paul. 

To be fair to Dave I've seen the posts on Facebook. He's been getting a lot of requests to get these panels made. Again not having a go at the club but when someone offers you a decent timescale for a panel you desperately need you're not going to say no.

Edited by Snowy
  • Like 1

OMOC, get moving, it will work out, get the orders in, get the pole out on what people need, and whats already on the market. 

Agree we will always need repair panels, its just finding out whats desperately needed, and demand. 

There is a bigger market out there outside the omoc, so its a balance of keeping the members on here right also, this would be crucial to keep increasing members of omoc. 

• Like 2