Large scale long term clear out.

paulmanta

6 hours ago, seanpren said:

Grey trim from a gte, and for the belt I'm not sure but it's from an 1986 Manta GTE. Think it's the larger type though 

Can you count the splines on the shaft the winder goes on?  there are two different types and I am not sure if they vary but could be the same colour, I know the earlier ones were one sort of spline but Its better to ask now.  Ill look at the seatbelt box later too. see what I can find.

7 hours ago, paulmanta said:

Can you count the splines on the shaft the winder goes on?  there are two different types and I am not sure if they vary but could be the same colour, I know the earlier ones were one sort of spline but Its better to ask now.  Ill look at the seatbelt box later too. see what I can find.

Great thanks but it's the door handle not the winder I'm looking for lol. 

Will have a look at the car tomorrow when I'm out there and see if there's a GM number on the belt, thanks so much 

3 hours ago, seanpren said:

Great thanks but it's the door handle not the winder I'm looking for lol. 

Will have a look at the car tomorrow when I'm out there and see if there's a GM number on the belt, thanks so much 

Ahh, that will be me reading too quickly then !

I think i do, in GTE grey, Ill look for it and let you know.

• Thanks 1

Yes, I should have belts with buckles to suit that.

What is wrong with yours ?  I have successfully fitted good belts to good mechs in the past when they have been chewed or the mech has been rusted up.

So long as you don't let the reel unspring its actually really easy. If the spring has gone weak and the belt no longer retracts properly you can wind a couple of turns more tension in and it all works much better.

• Like 1

I'm missing the buckle for one side and my drivers side belt the plastic adjuster/helper thing is broke. Belts are fine other than that though. I have a 2nd buckle fitted at the moment but it's from an early b and the belt won't clip in!! 

Let me know a price to include postage to ireland if that's OK Paul and I'll sort you out. Much appreciated 

On 09/04/2023 at 18:27, Moonmonkey said:

Yes if you have one 

thanks

Sorry its taken a while to get the pics!.

Needs a good clean but its nice and straight and was on my engine, the only reason i took it off was that i had a nice powder coated one that i used when i rebuilt the 2.4.

I kept this one as i was going to do the same with it but have not got around to it yet.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 13/04/2023 at 08:45, seanpren said:

Legend. One of those, a buckle, Drivers interior door handle and if you've a grey trim piece for around the interior door lock if you have them.

Mine must of grown legs and ran away 🤣

Right ! I have found some of it...  Looking for the rest.

21 hours ago, 611 said:

Sorry its taken a while to get the pics!.

Needs a good clean but its nice and straight and was on my engine, the only reason i took it off was that i had a nice powder coated one that i used when i rebuilt the 2.4.

I kept this one as i was going to do the same with it but have not got around to it yet.

Hi Andy sump looks good, tried to PM you but it won’t let me.

Could you PM me details

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, mantasrme said:

Paul, do you have a weber carb for a CIH? Its for a 1.9 in an A but doesn't matter if its from a 1.6 or 2.0 as i can get it rejetted easy enough. Just having issues with the Solex thats on there currently.

Hi David,

No, sorry,  I gave up with used carbs a while ago and if I need one i tend to just buy a new one ! the cost is offset by the time and faff saving.

I have a few carb inlet manifolds here though...

11 hours ago, paulmanta said:

Hi David,

No, sorry,  I gave up with used carbs a while ago and if I need one i tend to just buy a new one ! the cost is offset by the time and faff saving.

I have a few carb inlet manifolds here though...

Thanks, i stopped playin with carbs except bike carbs a while back too. Normally everything is on injection here but its more of an issue with a standard A series

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 17/01/2024 at 21:57, ALAN MANTA78 said:

Do you have any rear lower repair panels for b coupe as mine need doing urgently can you point me in the right direction thanks in advance in the hope you can help

Should be on eBay. Are these what you are looking for https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361946032883 might be worth adding a pic (from any car) and just highlighting what you need ?