E45 SFK i240 restoration after all these years

ANDY ABBOTT

7 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

Us lot driving down in old Manta's in cars we haven't had time to shake down - what could possibly go wrong.

At least your cars will look the part. I haven’t finished my replacement bonnet in time never mind the rest, so will be sporting the rolling rusting resto look - is that even allowed? 😂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2021 at 09:50, Jonathan Pounsett said:

If you had to give one to me which one would it be? 😂

The mancona 😀

So to finish this thread on a great note. The car chewed up almost 400 miles to sywell and back and we hit some of the heaviest rain I've ever driven in, we couldn't see the end of the bonnet. The car just kept on cruising along never phased it 🙂

We came away with 3 trophies for E45 SFK. 

Best in show 🏆

Best C 🏆

Top 10 🏆

Was over the moon with the result much more than I ever imagined and was nice to see so many people so glad to see the car and that all the hard work was appreciated. I'm going to keep improving on this car now and keep making it better and better. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Edited by ANDY ABBOTT
  • Like 6

• 2 months later...
On 17/09/2020 at 18:22, ANDY ABBOTT said:

Today I got on with the roof repair, and managed to remove the skin from the car, using my brothers techniques as seen on hes cossie build. Tomorrow should see the replacement skin unpicked from the replacement roof and get it all prepped and ready to fit the replacment to the car. 🙂

Just what I needed, awesome, ty Andy

• 6 months later...