E45 SFK i240 restoration after all these years

ANDY ABBOTT

I cant wait to see this again all bolted back up and on the road, always loved this car back in the day when Colin Rimmer owned it and then Sean Hunt and Mark Morris.

This was my inspiration when i did my Starmist 2.4 Exclusive back in 1998, I wanted to get the 240 road kit fitted to that but never got round to it.

So glad you bought it and its getting the restoration it so deserves.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, chrisb said:

I cant wait to see this again all bolted back up and on the road, always loved this car back in the day when Colin Rimmer owned it and then Sean Hunt and Mark Morris.

This was my inspiration when i did my Starmist 2.4 Exclusive back in 1998, I wanted to get the 240 road kit fitted to that but never got round to it.

So glad you bought it and its getting the restoration it so deserves.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Thanks mate. I do love that coupe, was a real shame what happened to it. 

• Like 1

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to getting this one done and taking it to shows etc... Got a big move coming up with the business and got to move my full setup + all the manta stuff to the new premises very soon, so trying to get as much done as I can before hand. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Very nice mate, does the i240 use the same pump bracket as GTE?

Yes it does mate 

rear roll bar bushed up and fitted to the car. 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Inner wings look good 

They are pretty good. The only welding I've done in the engine bay is section of battery trey, washer bottle tray, and just where inner wings meet the bulk head. Also a little bit between inner wing and front panel. 

• Like 1