Irish blue

1200bandit

8 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

so to sum up. both cars have identical std springs,bushes ,wheels,tyres and even feel as soft to bounce at the front by hand. hatch is a 2.0 manual and saloon is 2.2 auto so in theory the auto should be heavier and ride smoother.as if you had more passengers in the car

. just before i do the front suspension parts swap im going to add the weight difference by loading up the boot to make both cars  weigh the same 

Adding the weight to the car boot wont make a difference, only weight difference i can see is the auto v  manual  gearbox, which isnt in the boot, would be interesting seeing difference in corner weight. 

Body wise the 2 back doors would add weight! 

Out of interest, are you running recaros in both? 

6 minutes ago, IanMc said:

Just seen this thread. I'm thrilled for you Wayne - many congratulations mate!

That car certainly looks well worth all of your patience.

How’s the roof liners getting on 

1 hour ago, chrisb said:

Pretty sure A1 OMOC was on Steve Titmus blue Exclusive coupe way back in the early 90s. Im sure i have a pic of it somewhere

I've definitely seen it on a blue exclusive.

• Like 1

On 08/05/2021 at 07:41, 1200bandit said:

How’s the roof liners getting on 

Hi mate, the short answer is, its not going at all - I have done nothing on the Cavalier for at least a month...

Life, work and other cars are getting in the way at the moment. Plus, I am having one of my fallen out of love with it sessions at the moment. In truth, I have thought seriously about selling.

1 hour ago, IanMc said:

Hi mate, the short answer is, its not going at all - I have done nothing on the Cavalier for at least a month...

Life, work and other cars are getting in the way at the moment. Plus, I am having one of my fallen out of love with it sessions at the moment. In truth, I have thought seriously about selling.

Can’t sell it ,you have put to much work and yourself into the cav .

lf you sell it you will wonder why .

Best forget about for a bit then go back to it 

I really regret sell the bandit 1200 .I was feeling a bit down when l sold it

• Like 3

On 07/05/2021 at 22:40, ®evo03 said:

Adding the weight to the car boot wont make a difference, only weight difference i can see is the auto v  manual  gearbox, which isnt in the boot, would be interesting seeing difference in corner weight. 

Body wise the 2 back doors would add weight! 

Out of interest, are you running recaros in both? 

hi. no theyre both cavs so definately no recaros. prefer normal seats.

bearing in mind that this situation was the same even before i converted it to auto im leaning towards it being the top axle mounts( they are the early dismantleable ones)which im going to change for later 1 piece units or a slight difference in the arm bushes hardness.i will possible try swapping the whole axle assemblys over to see what happens.

originally i though it was the tyres as it was running unknowns but now theyre both on newish goodyear which ive tried on each car anyway.

sorry to sort of hijack someone elses thread here. il plod on an see what transpires !

• 2 weeks later...

O

On 10/05/2021 at 07:13, cam.in.head said:

sorry to sort of hijack someone elses thread here. il plod on an see what transpires !

I hi jack someone else’s thread so no worries 

gor the number plates made today,they are original number to the manta

photos keep coming out upside down 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• 1 month later...
On 08/05/2021 at 08:08, chrisb said:

Pretty sure A1 OMOC was on Steve Titmus blue Exclusive coupe way back in the early 90s. Im sure i have a pic of it somewhere

I think you are right Chris. Steve’s Monaco Blue exclusive was the first car I remember seeing this reg plate on. I don’t think he is on here much nowadays but is active in the club FB page. Might be worth popping a post on and asking?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

I think you are right Chris. Steve’s Monaco Blue exclusive was the first car I remember seeing this reg plate on. I don’t think he is on here much nowadays but is active in the club FB page. Might be worth popping a post on and asking?

Will put it on Facebook when l get the manta back home,as l will get all kinds of questions about it 

So much work in ,techs leaving (can not get any techs)

Hopefully can have home in a few weeks 

• Like 1

While l wait for the manta to arrive.l will start at the beginning 

About 5 years ago a chap for northern lreland ( Stevie) got in contact saying he wanted the red manta 

Told him not for sale ,but he did not give up 

ln the end told him what l though was silly money, hoping that whoud be the end of it 

He said okay , Had a lot of communication about the manta,videos,photos ect

Put a lot of trust in me 

Come over from northern lreland buying the the manta with out seeing it

Stevie was very happy with the manta . Back home with the manta ( as always should NEVER HAVE SOLD IT) 

Did keep in keep in contact as he and the mates come to Liverpool a few times a year 

In about April got a text do you what this manta.

How much l asked thinking if will be out of my price range.
I was the first person he thought of as was very fir to him when he bought my manta 

Has a lot of offers of £10,000 plus 

£9,000 plus cost of the MOT and any work ( by a garage that needs carrying out) 

Stevie did some work on it the get though the MOT ( very different in northern lreland only carry out some places)

So it was 3 months before it was all sorted 

Stevie sorted out the transport to take it to Liverpool. Even delivery to the transport yard 

So the cost is £9,545 all in ,which is a very good price ( will need some work,don’t they all ) 

So will be boring you on here and Facebook about the bits l will be doing 

Roll on Monday 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 4

On 22/07/2021 at 22:37, Trooker said:

Looking forward to seeing more 😎

You will be bored with the things l will post 

Fist plates         STJ 574         02/03/1988  

second plates   A10 MOC      02/03/1992 

Current plates  E646 BKM    04/09/2003

Exported to lreland              17/07/2004 

It is HPI clear,l will be the 5th   owner ( Stevie will be the 4th owner only to register) 

So l will be owner number 4 really 

Any information more than welcome 

Are we bored yet

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 1200bandit said:

You will be bored with the things l will post 

Fist plates         STJ 574         02/03/1988  

second plates   A10 MOC      02/03/1992 

Current plates  E646 BKM    04/09/2003

Exported to lreland              17/07/2004 

It is HPI clear,l will be the 5th   owner ( Stevie will be the 4th owner only to register) 

So l will be owner number 4 really 

Any information more than welcome 

Are we bored yet

Nope 😂

• Haha 1