Irish blue

1200bandit

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for In information eveo

A new year a new approach to the manta 1 hour after work ( hopefully)

Going out today so ask the bride how long to get ready about 2 hours 

So done a dit to the manta 

Was feeling a bit worried about removing the bumper as the rear 1/4 panels not in the best condition, so remove the bumper, the the 1/4 on o/s n./ s in excellent condition ( result )

when l removed the bumper found the spacers on the rear 1/4s 

Now have a spare one

. Have fitted the bumper l got 

Going back to original look sort off. The bumper needs a repaint 

Hopefully tomorrow night will fit the rear fog lights, will post photos of the fog lights tomorrow 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 7

So started doing a about 1 hour a night 

Carried out wiring repair to the rear heated screen switch 

Found the cover for the steering column required attention, repair the cover.

The headlights are doing me head in can’t get the adjustment right 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

So started doing a about 1 hour a night 

Carried out wiring repair to the rear heated screen switch 

Found the cover for the steering column required attention, repair the cover.

The headlights are doing me head in can’t get the adjustment right 

That's the advantage of at least having at home mate, keep chipping away it will come. I deffinitely would like one of mine in my garage at home at some point in the future for that reason as having to drive across the town to mine is restrictive .

Got a bit more done today

Wiring for the radio,clock cig lighter done properly 

Got to get some speaker wiring , To do that will remove the seats,carpet so l can run the wiring proper.

The rest of the dashboard back in 

The tab on the heated rear screen has sapped of and gone missing ,

So l think this my work. Got no feed to the rear screen.

Will check that out later 

Good fix, should work, if you find the tab, make one, or beg,, borrow steal one, think it can be soldered back on, hard to do upsidedown, glass in place. 

Is ur clock working, never had success with these. 

Going great guns, getting the wee issues sorted, keep er lit. 

On 08/01/2022 at 21:51, ®evo03 said:

think it can be soldered back on

Be very careful if you choose to do it this way get some heat on the glass (heater fan) before soldering as you could you can shatter the glass (thermal shock) done a tab fix on the cougar  used a special tab adhesive from the states.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hoobby said:

Be very careful if you choose to do it this way get some heat on the glass (heater fan) before soldering as you could you can shatter the glass (thermal shock) done a tab fix on the cougar  used a special tab adhesive from the states.

Silver Epoxy, not cheap got mine from Farnells 

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?CMP=i-ddd7-00001003&sku=2917615

I also bought these to use with the epoxy, might help. They are pretty strong
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223527499727

Edited by Jessopia74
Add tabs
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, hoobby said:

Never used super glue on the screen as it crack,shatter the screen so l am told 

1 hour ago, 1200bandit said:

I think that if l glue it on the screen will have to be removed, unless l can figure a way that the connector will not get glued to the screen seal.

Maybe put a piece of thin plastic between the connector and the seal.

Epoxy will not bond to the seal very well anyway, but if you can carefully wedge the rubber away and smear on some Vaseline it definitely can't 

never had any sucess in the past with any of the conductive glues or epoxys. only thing that seemed to work well ( for me anyway !) was self adhesive copper sheet ( must be the type with conductive adhesive)

found it on ebay from a music shop .used for guitar screening !

you can then solder to this no problem.but be carefull. localised heat on glass is always a worry.

• Like 1

Ah cool, nice find, what model, something different! The original style of wiper is very dated. We need to make up a thread, Other parts that FITS a manta. A peugeot 405 boot seal, fits, a wee trim, an inch too long. Mk2 golf sunroof seal, Nova brake pads! Mk3 fiesta roof skin to hatch! Supposedly! Only tried and test the seals.

• Like 3

The wipes are from a Nissan Juke ( l think can check in the next few days) 

The wiper arms are original just open the the end a tiny bit 

The qashqai x trail will fit but it’s not as long

Is the n/ s wipe that’s fits 

All so the rear seat release lever on a hatch a Nissan Juke fits well .you can’t tell is of a juke 

I have also replaced the boot seal but can’t remember what what Renault it was from 

25 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Was it just the blades or the arms too Ian ?

28 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Ah cool, nice find, what model, something different! The original style of wiper is very dated. We need to make up a thread, Other parts that FITS a manta. A peugeot 405 boot seal, fits, a wee trim, an inch too long. Mk2 golf sunroof seal, Nova brake pads! Mk3 fiesta roof skin to hatch! Supposedly! Only tried and test the seals.

Fog lights from a Ford XR 2 will fit ,l have got 2 to fit 

Edited by 1200bandit
  • Like 3

Used all the paint today ( on the front room wall ) 

So did a few hours on the manta.

Wired in the engine cut out , works very well 

The wiring on the front side lights is 18 inches to long,poor condition on the wiring 

The wiring now all sorted, all 4 side lights working 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had to wait for some plaster to dry so had a hour or so ,had so time on the manta doing the headlight wiring 

Refited o/ s headlight all working fine,just got to figure out how to put the headlights back together so they adjust correctly 

• Like 2

When got this manta the headlights where bounded to the headlight body bit 

Have cut out the headlights from one side.but can not figure out how the headlight is set up using springs:/ adjustment set up 

Has anyone got photos information how is set up or where can l get a adjustment kit from 

Dont know if the headlights are correct 

They are starting to do my head in 

Edited by 1200bandit

Looks like someone cutted in the plastic to fit those headlights. I'v got in both my Manta's those double but I'v got H1 halogen bulps in all, so the inside two are high beams and the outside two the normal ones and parklights.

A link to a webshop that sells them but with a lot of pictures as info:

https://opel-shop.com/produkt/neu-orig-irmscher-opel-manta-b-scheinwerfer-rahmen-satz-inkl-doppelscheinwerfer/

On 06/02/2022 at 18:45, 1200bandit said:

Had to wait for some plaster to dry so had a hour or so ,had so time on the manta doing the headlight wiring 

Refited o/ s headlight all working fine,just got to figure out how to put the headlights back together so they adjust correctly 

I have heard that this headlight setup is illegal and you may fail the MOT with the side lights illuminating like that.