Not sure what you all think about these draws, but this looks like a great example of an exclusive. Not sure why anyone would take the 15k alternative when this has got to be way above that. 
https://thegiveawayguys.co.uk/collections/competition/products/immaculate-1988-opel-manta-gte-exclusive-or-15-000

IMG_8437.jpeg.70a2e00bae05eaac3845a2b8595f967e.jpeg

Edited by Mickfrad
Photo added

£15k alternative or a great car.

Based on analytics and auction forecasts, they only need to reach 3000 ticket sales, if breakeven is 15k.

There was a manta auction recently tickets where £20, x 4,000 sold, that is £80,000. Minus the price of the car, say tops £30k. 50k profit, and that's HOW YOU SELL A MANTA. Live draws can be watched, so you see final ticket sales in total, multiply that by the cost of each ticket 💰

now on the other hand, someone gets a great car for £20, or £5 in this case.

The gamble is, do you win, it's the price of a pint. Their gamble is, do they sell 3000 plus tickets, but forecast look after that. 

Now have you ever seen a bookie driving a clapped out Ford focus, struggling to pay bills, and facing homelessness. 🤔

On the other hand would it hurt to have 1 less pint of beer this weekend.

So, that's that explained in a nutshell. 

Bookie, auctioneer gets major profit on ticket sales, minus car purchase.

Winner gets a great car for £5,

It's the other 2999+ loses that had one beer less, I worry about.

Am I buying a ticket? , 🤣

Edited by ®evo03
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

£15k alternative or a great car.

Based on analytics and auction forecasts, they only need to reach 3000 ticket sales, if breakeven is 15k.

There was a manta auction recently tickets where £20, x 4,000 sold, that is £80,000. Minus the price of the car, say tops £30k. 50k profit, and that's HOW YOU SELL A MANTA. Live draws can be watched, so you see final ticket sales in total, multiply that by the cost of each ticket 💰

now on the other hand, someone gets a great car for £20, or £5 in this case.

The gamble is, do you win, it's the price of a pint. Their gamble is, do they sell 3000 plus tickets, but forecast look after that. 

Now have you ever seen a bookie driving a clapped out Ford focus, struggling to pay bills, and facing homelessness. 🤔

On the other hand would it hurt to have 1 less pint of beer this weekend.

So, that's that explained in a nutshell. 

Bookie, auctioneer gets major profit on ticket sales, minus car purchase.

Winner gets a great car for £5,

It's the other 2999+ loses that had one beer less, I worry about.

Am I buying a ticket? , 🤣

It’s nearly 12K tickets @ £5 ea. so £60k .

These raffles just drive the car prices up faster than any single thing collectors can do 😔

Has it sold 12,000 tickets already?  Lowers the odds of winning. I think lottos should lower numbers allocation, 1 to 30 and lower jackpot, what good is 186m to anyone.

Interesting topic is computer analytics, do they know what (random) numbers to draw as the winning numbers, against what tickets have been issued, em, that deadline before draw 😉

Now these draws don't work like that, but they can withdraw, extend or push, lower, run offers before cut off point, or deadline.

Back to the Manta or cash, it would have to be Manta, maybe 🤔

On 05/01/2024 at 12:22, TheRealExile said:

I'm not keen on providing them card details, shame they don't do PayPal.

They don't have PayPal for a reason, think about it, multiple bank account 🤣🤔

4 hours ago, Jonathan Pounsett said:

😁 I hope you or someone else in the club does.

Been thinking about this, will rare, sort after cars fall into the wrong hands, or erasponsible hands, and will these draws raise the profile, and leave remaining cars ever rarer, or sort after, raising the profile even further? 

Do ticket buyers buy for the car, or to flip it, or just cause they can. It's a fiver. 😉 And alot of them 🤣

There are examples out there, cars mistreated, and destroyed after receiving. Why?  Because it cost the winner (£5) 🤔

But on the flip side, probably the most saddest thing I've seen is the motorcycle museum, Birmingham. Most donated by diceased, or Family members. Thousands of machines left stationary, no use or unused. Which is exactly what the are not designed for. 🤔

On 05/01/2024 at 12:22, TheRealExile said:

I'm not keen on providing them card details, shame they don't do PayPal.

PayPal won't accept competition companies I know as ive just setup one myself. The setup is very difficult and has cost me over 10k to get it up and running. Ontop of yhe price of the car the payment provider takes a cut for every transaction in my case is 0.15p for every transaction. You can also spend thousands per month on social media promotions, also the cost of delivering the car to the customer, the time taken to produce your marketing videos, pictures  edits etc... all takes time which is money. I have a few opels going to raffle in the near future. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

PayPal won't accept competition companies I know as ive just setup one myself. The setup is very difficult and has cost me over 10k to get it up and running. Ontop of yhe price of the car the payment provider takes a cut for every transaction in my case is 0.15p for every transaction. You can also spend thousands per month on social media promotions, also the cost of delivering the car to the customer, the time taken to produce your marketing videos, pictures  edits etc... all takes time which is money. I have a few opels going to raffle in the near future. 

Keep us all informed 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, i2800 said:

😧

"We are only open to residents of the UK"

Each country has different regulations on "competitions" and "lotteries," so they're nearly all limited to the country that hosts it. Plus in this case there's the practicality of delivery.

I'm probably going to enter this, though I definitely don't have the space for it so it'll have to sit outside which seems like a crime. I doubt I'd keep it long unless my parents le lt me garage it at their house but it would probably get damaged so safer with someone else.

It would still be fun to own a couple for a little while especially for a fiver and the sale funds could restore the other one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hoobby said:

If all tickets were sold at the early discount price of £5 the car made £59,975 :o

Only around 6000 of the 12000 available tickets were sold. Someone called Andrew Birch won it.

Just read on FB that he took the cash rather than the car.

Edited by Monaco Blue

Sad that it didn’t find a home, I assume it will be up for grabs again soon, shame it didn’t go to someone who really wanted it…….given its prob a better investment than any legitimate saving account, money laundering excluded.
BTW all winners bar two were low number early bird tickets 🎫 what are the odds?

• Like 1