Update On Stolen Manta

Id like to say a great big thank you to Kenny Dock and his mate, because of him the car has been recovered and is in. police custody so should have it back soon.thanks to the great response to everyone on here its nice to now people care.

• Like 11

im gobsmacked and chuffed at being able to be of help from such a distance, also proud !!!!! that the car has been found not in pieces. My mate was the boy who unwittingly posted me the picture. he deserves a shout ,, well done :):):)

amazing and good result.

• Like 2

What a great way to start a Sunday, I had been following the stolen thread and hoped that a good ending would come from this.

Hopefully the car is undamaged and this is just another tale to tell when at meets or shows, it all adds to the history of the car and makes it interesting. A decent lucky find story is always worth telling.

The Forum and OMOC were on top form here, well done to KennyDock and his mate.

• Like 1

Wonderful news, all this proves what you really get out of being a member of the OMOC, not that this club would not bother to help non members, as I'm sure it would, what it all boils down to is This club is the Ace of Clubs. I hope your car isn't damaged, and that the scum who stole it do get damaged.

• Like 2

Absolutely amazing result, here goes the story..

My mate lives in berkhamptead north west london. moved there from glasgow this year as managing a company. He text me a photo (trying to make me jelous) of a red manta. saying he bought it for 500 pounds.

he had in fact seen it, outside the restaurant after dinner with wife and daughter, new i was into mantas and took the photo.

couldn't believe my eyes, seen it was the stolen manta.

I called the Hertfordshire police and asked Paul (87exclusive) to call me asap. Police back in contact. POSITIVE ID, what a result!!! owner delighted. Policeman called me and advised he was happy to find the car intact and was very impressed with it.

Just shows the benefits of the net and forums. My mate thought i was taking the p*** when i told him it looked like the stolen car. result!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope they catch the idiots who stole it.

• Like 4

Cheers kenny and mate will never be able to repay you, are you going to billing? The police still havent contacted me to let me know its been found, not to impressed with them. If it was'nt for Kenny i would not know it had been found.

Fantastic news Has had me thinking of putting a tracker in mine
Any particular one in mind? I've been thinking about it, but have no idea which one to go for, some advice would be much appreciated.

What a relief, you've got your Manta Back.

Hopefully the Police have something to go on and will catch the little bas.... then we can burn them on a stake at Billing, Sunday evening after torturing confessions out of them all weekend.....

Any particular one in mind? I've been thinking about it, but have no idea which one to go for, some advice would be much appreciated.

Not yet still looking I want one with a life subscription

iv found a cobra one which is around £650 fitted with life subscription but still looking

There are cheep alternatives on eBay but not sure how good these would be.

Reading on some forums the iPhone can be used As a locator if left in the car on charge, but I'm unsure how long the car battery would last during the winter .

I think you may have started others thinking on the same lines as you regarding tracking, So I will keep an eye on this thread and see what I can learn from it!

Edited by Julian