Polar White and Rust - a restoration epic, can it even be done?

IanMc

Hi Ian,

Very pleased to hear your son is making good signs of progress, our thoughts are with you and i hope he continues with positive results through his recovery.

All the very best for you and your wife and going forward i hope 2020 will be a great year for you guys.

Chris.

• Thanks 1

Dear All,

Happy New Year to you all.

I am pleased to tell you all that this morning our Son had his section 2 cancelled by his Consultant and he has been allowed to leave hospital. The NHS have put in place a brilliant support network for him going forward, so with every passing day more and more 'normality' should return to all of our lives.

Once again, sincere thanks to you all for your thoughts and prayers - we are very grateful for your unconditional support.

Hopefully in a week or two I can get back into working on the old rust bucket again   :lol:  :thumbup

Ian x

• Like 13

Great to hear your Son is back on track. Take it step by step, the Manta (Sorry Cav) will not run away.   My Son is home for the Holidays, went yesterday to see Star-Wars with him. Today we drove to Brussels to visit Autoworld and on the way back we stopped at a Mc Donalds. Sometimes quality time is allowed. Happy Holidays!

• Like 2

Yes Ian, wish your son and whole family a full speedy recovery, and hope everything goes back to full health, if anything good has come of this, i have warned anyone i know of his story and how it happened. And for them to be extra careful.

Again, all the best for the future, and take it a day at a time. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear all,

Sorry I have been away for so long, but sadly things have taken a turn for the worse...
After his discharge, we had two weeks of continuous improvement - to the point where he was about 90-95% of his old self.
But sadly he started a decline last week and by the weekend this decline turned into a crash... Unfortunately, this resulted in us having to call the Police to the house around 12:30 on Saturday night to help us. He was happy to travel with them to our local A&E, with us following.

He quickly had his initial assessment and returned to the waiting room, but then tried to run away, with me and a staff member following. Fortunately, the same two Police officers were still on the hospital grounds and were quickly able to help us return him to A&E. As he didn't want either my Wife or myself anywhere near him, we decided to go home (around 02:40) and we awaited news of his larger assessment and care plan.
We are sorry to have to tell you that after his assessment the team decided to detain him under Section 2 for a second time. The diagnosis this time is Bipolar, which means that all of his meds need to be changed...

Naturally, we are desperately sad that our Son is back to where he was on the 8th of December, but hopefully the work already done will mean that we can get him back to his recent high level again very quickly.
Its going to be a bumpy road, so I wont be around for the foreseeable future.
Love to you all, hold your loved ones close.

Ian xx

Edited by IanMc
  • Like 2